LOST USE OF ONE ARM AND NEED TO SWITCH TO CROSSBOW

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

HW

LOST USE OF ONE ARM AND NEED TO SWITCH TO CROSSBOW

Post by HW »

I have been a vertical bow hunter for years but in March of this year I was involved in a serious snowmobile accident where I lost the use of my right arm (Murphy had his way and of course I was right handed).

I borrowed a friend's Horton crossbow and using two old hockey sticks as a bipod, I was nailing bullseyes at 20 and 30 yds within minutes. This has got me back in the field but I am looking to get my own bow and having researched the topic extensively I believe there is only one make to own and that is Excalibur. Given the nature of my injury it has obviously hurt the finances so I am looking for someone who might be interested in trading me for some items I have lying around.

I am looking for either a Vixen or a Phoenix as they are most managable with one arm. Plus from what I have read these are all the bow anyone would need to take down a whitetail.

If anyone reading this can help me out or knows of anyone that can help please reply to this post..
Last edited by HW on Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
DoDFire

Post by DoDFire »

To bad this site couldn't take up donations to help those that have a disability such as yourself,,,,,,,I don't have much to offer but I would.

Good Luck in your search,,, Just about bet you will find someone on this site to deal with good bunch of folks on here.
Huntsman, rest! thy chase is done
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

You might want to say what items you are interested in swapping for a bow. I have thought about letting go an Exocet that I bought as my first bow. I now shoot an Exomax, and I don't need two bows!

I suggest you also consider getting a crankaroo (or similar product) for cocking whatever bow you do get.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Whatcha got to trade, man? 8)
Grizz
HW

Post by HW »

I still have my vertical compound which is an older Golden Eagle Predator. It would come with all you would need to hunt. 12 new arrows, 6 new thunderhead 125's, mechanical release, PSE fibre optic sight and case.

I have a 4hp Mercury outboard motor in excellent codition, which if you were to buy new would run you in the area of $1400.

Also stored in the garage is a 5hp Honda four stroke outboard. This motor has low hours but my dad's dog chewed the kill switch out of the throttle handle, however, this motor still starts and runs like new.

Thanks for the replies.
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

You landed in the right place HW. You will get plenty of attention with that much stuff to trade! An inury keeps me from using a vert bow as well. I have a Vixen and it is a great shooter. I got it as an entry-level bow, but now that I have it, I don't think I'll be switching any time soon.
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

TRY SELLING ON EBAY WITH A RESERVE. YOU MIGHT GET ENOUGH TO BUY A NEW ONE

JAY
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
HW

Post by HW »

Just thought I would bring this back up and see if there is any interest.

Obviously I would like to trade for an Excal bow but would let the outboards go for $500 each or best offer and $250 for the bow and accessories.

Finally saw deer in the bush tonight. One snorted at me and took off as I was getting set up, saw another tail flash by as it went through the cedars about 75 yds out. On my way out to the truck I saw three more out in th field. Looks like this is going to be a great week.