Eight Point Buck on Video!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hotburn

Eight Point Buck on Video!

Post by hotburn »

This is short, but sweet! There was two times when I thought it was over. First was when I readied my bow and camera, he stopped, but then started to move again. Second was on my deer call. You can see it in the footage, and my limbs get caught on them and it makes a little noise, but he never heard it. You can see him look to the left, he was looking at a doe I think, that is why I took the quartering away shoot. Was afraid when he stepped off the hill he was going to turn to the left and then I would get no shot at all. The tree I was in was so thick I was unable to follow him with camera. If you listen closely you can hear him run, then slow to a trot, and then run and crash! I then focus in on the arrow buried in the dirt! Enjoy friends! This is for you guys!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FII94w8ENG8

Here is the link to the story in this forum.
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... hp?t=20004
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

GOOD STUFF!!! Congratulations!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Oh yeah get'em hotburn,congrats on another Buck.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Getting your own hunt on video is great . Very good buck . I will have to set something up with avideo camera.
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Very nice!!
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Boo

Post by Boo »

That was great Jason! Keep it up!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
just a feed boy

Post by just a feed boy »

Ah the sweet sound of the bow

Great video
ger34

Post by ger34 »

excellent looking deer!! great shot...could you show us your camera setup on your crossbow?
hotburn

Post by hotburn »

ger34 wrote:excellent looking deer!! great shot...could you show us your camera setup on your crossbow?
Here is a few pics. I am using the Range Finder mount sold by Excal. So far it is working pretty good. Not recommended by Excal, but I have a four year warranty and willing to try it. I do not have a camera man so this was the next best thing I could come up with.

sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

That was cool . . .a good old fashion, "knock down, drag out". Good looking buck, I like the video set-up.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
hotburn

Post by hotburn »

These pics were requested in another forum and I figured I would post them here also. They are the impact shots right before, during and after impact.

I looked through the Video on the impact shot and these are the best I can get. I have found in the back yard it takes about twenty to twenty five yards for the camera to stabilize enough to get the arrow in the air, the recoil is wicked on the camera. Some times when the limbs are not even in the pic the camera flexes so much that the limbs so up in the middle of the screen for a few frames! This buck was only about ten to fifteen feet! You will see him in the first pic nice and clear looking left. The next pic is the first pic I have that is some what clear but you can see the hair still lifted up from the arrow going in. He is still looking left unchanged, he has no idea at this point. The third pic is his hair staring to lay back down after the arrow is in and he has felt it, his head is starting to turn, and tail go up. The fourth pic is a few frames later, but wanted to share since I thought it was cool. He hunches up so much his butt is above his head! Enjoy!

R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Cool video .... gets the blood pumping ! .... Congrat's !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "