Can it get any better?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BigBird-VA

Can it get any better?

Post by BigBird-VA »

Just got my Desert Stryker replacement last Friday. You know for the cracked limbs on the first one I got. Well today I get an email. Seems they're going to notify all registered owners send them back to get a complete trigger swap out. What you didn't register yours? It was in the owners manual and other papers in the box. What you didn't get any papers in your box? Neither did I on both DS xbows I've had the pleasure of opening up.

Reason was they put Teflon on a part as a fix to cure the hard pull some were complaining about. The Teflon falls off and then it's back to hard pull. Now that the limb issues were posted some have come forth with misfiring and no-firings and having to click the safety off and on to get it to fire. Not sure if this is the Teflon falling off related or another trigger separate issue. Regardless when I talked to them they were waiting on trigger parts and zero were going out till the new parts came in. Not a word that it was going to be a BIG trigger issue in the works or any danger with misfiring and the such when I talked to them. Again to me it seems less than honest service to the customer.

I'm glad I saved the box this time. I'm a slow learner but I'm starting to get it now. :twisted:
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

BB, check your pm's.. I sent you one awhile back. Just wanted to see if you submitted any of your deer you killed:) Va's on top for now LOL :lol:
BigBird-VA

Post by BigBird-VA »

crazyfarmer wrote:BB, check your pm's.. I sent you one awhile back. Just wanted to see if you submitted any of your deer you killed:) Va's on top for now LOL :lol:
Got it. I'm still waiting hoping I'll get a bigger one. We have 2 days till the dog chasers (AKA Orange army with dogs no less) hit the woods. I found a hot spot at the new club no one ever hunts because there are no trees and it's ground blind only. The guys there have no clue on what a a ground blind can do. I cleared out a nice spot last Sunday and I'm hoping to try it out today and tomorrow. Need a north wind and it's on the way. Then I got permission to bowhunt hunt the land we lost last year. 2900 acres that very few have been in this year. Going to try my hot spot there Sat. when the dog chasers let go.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

gotcha... Im trying to get out tomorrow for the last day of ML seaosn before the dogs hit the woods but I may have court duty tomorrow(part time job)..

If not, ill be in there when the dogs go in also.. Im a way ill be glad to see dogs go, but I'll miss the rush of hearing them. When they do go, looks for Va to produce big bucks;)