The word is out.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

The word is out.

Post by raydaughety »

First of all I want to apologize for my profanity and disrespect that I showed on my earlier post. I don't ever remember being this angry in my life but I feel much better now. I just got a call from one of the hunting club members that came to see me in the hospital. He was in a local store / hang out and guess who strolls in. Yep, you guess it. Adam has always been quick with a smart reply and to tell a little joke here and there but tonight may have been his best performance to date. He asked the girl at the counter if she had heard about the accident with the dude in the wheelchair and I guess she said no. So he began telling her the story but, well, he added a little that isn't quite true. Adam said that without the shadow of a doubt, he's the one that did it. Everything that Adam told her was true except for the part about me being in intensive care and not expected to survive :shock: . Adam said that he turned real red in the face and put the items that he had on the counter and said that he was going to his truck to get his wallet but didn't come back. He said that it scared him to death. As for me, I'm not one to play games. I've turned all the information over to my attorney and he has advised me to write him a statement and mail it to him via registered/certified mail. I am to contact him if a photo is recovered and he is going to get my medical bill from the hospital expedited. If everything goes well, he will be charged with criminal trespass with the intent to harm another. We will also file a civil suit for recovery of all medical bills. Some may think that this is a wimp's way out but I don't want to expose this to my family anymore and am letting it go. Maybe this will put and end to all of this. Oh, I forgot to add the part about my brothers that are on the way from Alabama to find out who's responsible. :roll: I only have one brother SC and he couldn't beat his way out of a wet paper bag. Again sorry I blew a circuit earlier :oops: :oops:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

It's not the wimp's way out, Ray. If you caught the guy somewhere and busted him up, he'd be healed in a few months, and no poorer. Doing it legally keeps you on the right side of the law and having these goobers be forced to pay for bail and attorney's fees and damages will make their pain last a good long time.
kitty kat

Post by kitty kat »

We feel for you. If you have to "get even" do it legally as you say. It will give you far more satisfaction to win and not have to lower yourself to their standards. The best of luck to you and your family.
Excalibur Exomax and Arctic Cat 400 auto. Life don't get much better than that.
Esox

Post by Esox »

Ray,

That's good news and I think you're handling it correctly.... Let the law take it's course....Have everyone that the guy talked to give a statement, especially the girl behind the counter.... That's a Very credible and impartial witness....It just seems strange that he actually told someone.... Was he trying to impress her or something?... Very stupid!!!...
When you don't have hard evidence you build the case with as much circumstantial evidence as possible, so that when he screws up again you have a pattern of behavior... I still can't believe that he admitted it.... I really hope this all works out.... I want to see the good guy win once in a while.... And Oh Yeah.... YOU HAVE NOTHING TO APOLOGIZE FOR... You were victimized and vented your feelings on this website and we all listened and felt your pain and frustration and wanted to help... That's what friends do....
Now continue to train that energy toward completing this hunt.....

Bruce
tuskntine

Post by tuskntine »

Was catching up on the forum and backtracked to see what had happened. Sorry to hear of the spineless act that was pulled on you . I don't blame you for being so irate.
We have a few things in common. I have had to start hunting from a ground blind myself . Facing back surgery in a few weeks . Also , like you I have been hunting since I was 22 and I am 56 now AND STILL NO DEER . I did get one with my VW bug tho . But I still go , one day will be OUR day . And if not , well , no place better to be than in the woods in the early morning
watching the sun peek thru the trees. I guess to me it becomes a spiritual thing .
Anyway , hang in there and justice will be done . Remember , one day they will have to the real JUDGE. Then they will become your footstool .
Love your neighbor, but keep your guns oiled.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Glad to hear that progress is being made, Ray ... and of the sort you describe.

I had every confidence that the tone of your former post was an out-of-character rant brought on by the stress you've endured. I knew your behavior would be better than your words. :D As I predicted, you've shown us a better way to handle it. Thanks!

Don't worry for a minute about "blowing a gasket" and writing all that. We all knew what it was about. Everyone "blows" sometimes ... it's those who never do that go crazy and do really bad things. Now that the pressure is relieved, you can focus on more productive activities.

Better days ahead, Buddy. :D
Grizz
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Esox, I think that I confused you. Adam, the club member and friend is the one that asked the girl if she'd heard about it and began to tell her the story,KNOWING that the culprit was listening.He really got upset when he heard that I wasn't doing well. Did I explain it correctly ?
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

That's the way I read it, Ray ... with Adam as the tale-spinner.

You've got to watch those Adams. :D
Grizz
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Grizzly Adam wrote:That's the way I read it, Ray ... with Adam as the tale-spinner.

You've got to watch those Adams. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

the war is won by "Little Victories" my friend...hang in there and you have my number
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
saxman

Post by saxman »

Sorry to hear about your troubles Ray,Who Dun it? I;ll stomp a mud hole in their $@*^
It;s hard as a man to fight the primal urges to handle it with your fist but we all know better.
Way to go ray for handeling it like a real man.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Esox

Post by Esox »

Ray,
You cleared up my foggy head that has too much cold medicine in it... Sorry for the mis-understanding... However, I still support you for going after this guy and prosecute him to the full extent....
Let me in my "un-confused mine" know if there is anything I can do....