what size ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

navaman

what size ?

Post by navaman »

i'm going to call easton today to see if the brass inserts used on gt's will fit their shafts but i don't know what size they are. does anybody out there know? i didn't get an answer on that last post and i'm wonderering if i offended anyone or it was just a tough question.

p.s. if i did offend anyone , i apologize for whatever it was
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
navaman

Post by navaman »

the only thing i know for now is there's about about an 8.00 difference in a dozen shafts at one online store. anyway, i'll be sure to post what i find out. thanks for the reply
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I have tried the Easton carbon shaft but I don't know the answer to your question. Please post what you find out.
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

I have some aluminum inserts for the Easton Carbon Power Bolts. I think I have at least 6 of them. If you don't have any luck with the brass ones and you'd like them, just sent me your address and I'll mail them off for you to try. What I did was add about a 1" 8/32 machine screw to the back end after tapping and this adds about 27 grains. Works quite well.

Good luck
Joe
PS: and oh, Happy Thanksgiving, by the way!
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

Correction

Sorry Navaman
It's the Power Bolt aluminum nocks that I have, not the inserts. However, I did find one aluminum insert and it measures about .295" around the part that fits into the shaft.

I apologize for misleading you. If you need some nocks, however, just let me know.

Regards
Joe
navaman

Post by navaman »

i didn't get a chance to talk with the folks at easton today and tommorrow we all know what most will be doing so i'm gonna have to make the call on friday. i'll be sure to let everyone know what i find out.

p.s. i'm working out a deal with a man to build on his hunting property for a cut price and the right to hunt there for me and my step-son. i'm asking for crossed fingers and prayers from you guys and not necesarily in that order :wink: