Worlds Lightest, Cheapest and Most Effective Decoy!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

Worlds Lightest, Cheapest and Most Effective Decoy!

Post by Mike P »

We have been having a lot of success with this concept. All it consists of is a white feather about eight to ten inches long glued to some fishing line and tied to a cheap clamp style clothes pin.

We use a couple around us before going up the tree. The bucks have been more prone to come in when using this feather and the bleat call then just using the call alone.

Here is a link if you want to buy one, but all it is is a feather and string and anyone can put one together in a matter of minutes for less then a buck. (pun intended)

http://www.twitch-it.com/
wabi

Post by wabi »

Might be just the thing!
I've had plenty of deer hang up, or just look and then go about their business, when calling. I would agree they expect to SEE another deer, and when there's no movement they don't come in.
wabi
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I have seen these in some stores and they sell them for $20 - $30!!! :shock: Thought it would be a good idea, but I would never pay that much for a feather. I can get two bottles of Tink's #69 for that price.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I Am Going To Give It A Try!! Thanks For The Info!!!!!!!
rutman

Post by rutman »

I was gonna go through a little more trouble than that. I want to get a foam decoy, hollow out a hole in it's but and use a real deer tail on a windshield wiper motor with a lawnmower battery with the switch in my stand. If a feather on a chunk of wire works, egg on my face.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

It might work, or it might not, but one thing is for sure, everytime one is used, it means that the user's pocket is lighter by $10.

Sounds to me like another "pet rock" gimmick.

On the other hand, why not make your own, feathers are free for the taking and how much could a little piece of wire cost.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

you are joking ...right? :roll:
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I've been saving a deer tail for just that reason. Read somewhere that omeone tied a string to one and jerked it, deer would focus on it. Going to give it a try.
TPM

Post by TPM »

As long as it's white and it moves in a breeze it will work. I've used a piece of toilet paper in the past.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

I GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO WHILE HUNTING THAN JERKING ON A DEER TAIL Image

JAY
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

This year was the first year I used decoys on the farm. One was a Renzo decoy and the other my 3D target.
First day of the shotgun season my cousin took two eight pointers because of the 3D target turned decoy. They came together down the hill straight for the decoy. He shot one buck and the other one wouldn't leave so he shot it as well. First day two of our three tags filled. Third day I got my buck. My decoy was in a large cut corn field. Very visible. I think Rutman used the same set up and got a buck using the same decoy but I may be wrong. Anyway, the field was half corn half hay. So I'm sitting against a hay bail and the buck comes along and the tail on the decoy is moving and the head in moving becasue there is a slight wind and I'm thinking he is going to come right in. Nope he couldn't have cared less. I had to take him at about 150 yards because he was moving off. Crazy game this hunting. Can never tell whats going to work day to day. I think everyone should have a 3D target as I think it is the best to practice on and it doubles as a decoy. Two for one deal how can you go wrong.