O/T Car Paint Finish Protection Product?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

10Ring

O/T Car Paint Finish Protection Product?

Post by 10Ring »

WAY O/T, a car paint protection question……

Has anyone had any experience with a professionally applied polymer and resin product, which is claimed to protect car finishes?

Such as;

“Perma-Shine is a unique automotive product specially formulated to penetrate and protect the painted surface of your car. Our special blend of polymers and resins protects your vehicle from the harmful effects of weathering”, from;

http://www.permashinecarcare.com/serv.htm

RJ; if you read this, it is a 2008 Camry we just picked up on Thurs. :D
10Ring
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

no experience with that peoduct.
However i work in the auto industry and i dont think anything is necessary.
All auto manufactures require there vendors to meet or exceed extreme levels testing.Trust me all you need is your manufacturers warranty.
leonk

Post by leonk »

I apply wax once a year, probably should be doing twice - seems to be working.
Mother's works well for the best results use all products in the series, including clay bar.
There are write-ups on the net how to do it properly.

LK
10Ring

Post by 10Ring »

Thanks, Guys

A lifetime ago (early 70's :shock: ), as a student, I worked as a helper in an autobody shop.

I am sceptical of these products but things have changed since those historical times as far as paint and products go, thought I'd seek some opinions. So far, you are confirming what I thought.
10Ring
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I do not think you will gain to much for your $ . The paint we use today is Base Clear . It is very tough . Waxing would probably be as effective.
Last edited by Farmer on Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Sweeeet !

2008 Camry .... They are a beauty rig ! Hold their value well ... but If I know you ... it will be in the stable for awhile ! :lol:
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
dw

Post by dw »

hi all, have not posted in quite a while. i am a bodyshop manager and have been in the business for, oh my god, 30 years. and yes pretty much all cars now have basecoat clearcoat. pretty much any wax will keep your car nice and shiney, applied once or twice a year. i had a chevy truck i repainted with bc/cc. had the truck for ten years after that. never waxed it once. still as shiney as the day it was painted. waxing does however make it much easier to get dirt and scum and bug residue off.
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
wabi

Post by wabi »

I use a low cost easily applied coating to protect the finish on my truck - mud!
Wash it once a year and people really notice!!!!!!!!!!!
wabi
10Ring

Post by 10Ring »

R.J. wrote:Sweeeet !

2008 Camry .... They are a beauty rig ! Hold their value well ... but If I know you ... it will be in the stable for awhile ! :lol:
Yeah, that is the "family car". I will be up for a new copany vehicle, soon. We get to choose and it looks like it will be a 2008 Camry as well; it will replace the 2004 Camry that is still running fine and great to drive :D
10Ring