WOW

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

WOW

Post by TYE »

I was on my way home today from applying to get my old job back at the ski resort, and coming around the corner to my house there was a GIANT 10 pointer in the back of this guys truck. I should have got out and taken pictures of it. It was huge. We counted 10 points as we drove by. Looked like he just got it this morning.

I'm almost getting sick of seeing everyone else get monsters, where's mine? :oops:
flbuckmaster

Re: WOW

Post by flbuckmaster »

TYE wrote: I'm almost getting sick of seeing everyone else get monsters, where's mine? :oops:
they are in the thick stuff!!!
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

Keep trying Tye. It will happen. Have you made it out to where you saw the big one earlier this year while moose hunting?
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
TYE

Post by TYE »

LV2HNT wrote:Keep trying Tye. It will happen. Have you made it out to where you saw the big one earlier this year while moose hunting?
That was up at my hunt camp in a provincial park. We're only allowed in there at certain times of the seasons, and it's all over now so I can't go back in there anymore.
TYE

Post by TYE »

I usually hunt the thick stuff. Cuz I know big bucks don't like going out in the open where normally smaller bucks and does will go. They kind of keep to themselves and have their own little secret ways.
Country

Post by Country »

Our deer have been fairly easy to pattern in that they all seem to travel 30 to 40 yards inside the thick stuff along side the open areas (open oaks and/or clear cuts). It is a regular parade of deer for the first couple of hours each morning. They won't step foot in the open areas if they can avoid it. I love hearing that tink, tink, tink sound they make with their antlers as they push through it. This brings something else to mind. How do they get those 20" to 24" spreads through those thickets? It must drive them nuts having their heads constantly jerked around. I wonder if that is some of the reason for them thrashing brush. Maybe they're frustrated by the inconvienence of it all and take it out on some poor sapleing from time to time.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Country, that's a pretty good theory lol! :lol: