I sure know what my next broadhead purchase is going to be..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

I sure know what my next broadhead purchase is going to be..

Post by TYE »

....especially after watching these videos!

http://www.grimreaperbroadheads.com/videos.html#

I'm pretty iffy about these new Rage broadheads too after this video thing.
dakotart

Post by dakotart »

My hunting buddy used the grim reapers last year. he has since switched to the Montec G5's.

I'm now shooting the Montec G5's and the broadheads that come with the excalibur kit were dropping over the field points.
i.e. the broad head was hitting at the 30 yard marker in the scope when I was aiming at 20 yards. the montec G5's hit perfectly
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Tye,

From what I have read the Grim Reaper has gotten poor reviews. Here ae soem reviews you can look at:

http://btreviews.proboards57.com/index. ... 007reviews

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
TYE

Post by TYE »

Hmm.... :?

That's a chin scratcher for sure, lol.

I'm in a toss up between shooting G5 Montecs or a mechanical out of my compound bow.
tws75

Post by tws75 »

tye i had a uncle that used the reaper he had alot of problems with them he ended up switching to the rocket steelhead. i used the rage 2 blade last season and this season and havent had any problems they work great for me
Boo

Post by Boo »

Magnus four blade Stingers are resharpenable and the blades are meant to be replaced as well as their bleeder blades. You can push them past 300 ft/sec and they still shoot accurately. They work in any bow I've shot them out of. They are also guaranteed for life.
http://www.magnusbroadheads.com/stingers.html
If you want Tye I can give you a couple of 100 grain. BTW Thunderheads shoot well out of a compound as well.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wabi

Post by wabi »

Tye (& BOO),
I've had very good results with the Magnus "Stinger" 3 - blade heads from my trad bows. I've shot a few times with the crossbow, and they seem to be accurate from it, too. My only complaint is that they are a "glue-on" design, and use a threaded inser adapter to convert them to a screw-in point. You have to check each one for alignment before you shoot them. This also adds weight to the head and a 100 grain broadhead becomes a 125 grain with the adapter.
One big plus is that they are well constructed & easy to sharpen!
wabi
TYE

Post by TYE »

Boo wrote: If you want Tye I can give you a couple of 100 grain. BTW Thunderheads shoot well out of a compound as well.
I'm gonna have one huge list of IOU's for you someday, lol. :oops:
Boo

Post by Boo »

No Tye, you don't owe me a thing. Just do something nice for someone else. Remember, "Random acts of kindness can change the world"!!!
TYE

Post by TYE »

Boo wrote:No Tye, you don't owe me a thing. Just do something nice for someone else. Remember, "Random acts of kindness can change the world"!!!
No matter what you say I'm gonna treat you to something for all the things you've done for me. It's just the kind of person I am. :)

What you just said reminded me of a part from the movie Evan Almighty. "one Act of Random Kindness" (ARK) Good movie.
Boo

Post by Boo »

It's a cool thing to think Tye, that something like that COULD change the world?
TYE

Post by TYE »

Boo wrote:It's a cool thing to think Tye, that something like that COULD change the world?
Yep!

That's how I've always looked at life.
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

I use wasp jakhammers and love em,,,,the deer hate,em
wabi

Post by wabi »

fuel80guy wrote:I use wasp jakhammers and love em,,,,the deer hate,em
I did, too! Then I shot a deer this year and the JakHammer DID NOT OPEN!!!!!!!! Luckily I put it through the heart and recovered the deer, but when I recovered the arrow/broadhead it was still banded in the closed position!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wabi