blazer vane?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tws75

blazer vane?

Post by tws75 »

i was thinking of switching my bolts over to the blazers but not for sure how they will perform any input would be helpful thanks in advance
hawg hunter

vanes

Post by hawg hunter »

Greywolf is the custom arrow Guru. He has made many forum members bolts and arrows, most of what I've used have been using the Blaser. Excellent arrow flight.
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

Thanks Haug Hunter :oops:

I have been useing them only ! for 2 years now , and they are great . They will stabilize almost any head. and are lighter than 4" vanes even thou they are thicker. the only draw back which is nothing realy if do to there stiff high profile they can deflect of small unseen branches , were feathers will lay down and not tend to change the arrows course . 3D shooters have picked up over 10 poimts a round because of there stability , Get a few and try them out I am sure you will be impresed GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
TYE

Post by TYE »

I've tried them and I love them. I just don't have good enough glew to keep them on the dang arrows lol. So right now the Blazers are collecting dust.
hawg hunter

blasers.

Post by hawg hunter »

Tye clean your arrow with a good solvent, acetone or 70% plus alcohol. I use Loctite supergel. have had no problems.
TYE

Re: blasers.

Post by TYE »

hawg hunter wrote:Tye clean your arrow with a good solvent, acetone or 70% plus alcohol. I use Loctite supergel. have had no problems.
Right now I have that Fletch-Tite stuff.... I'm trying to get some Goat Tuff, but I can't find it anywhere and my old shop is a pain in the arse with ordering things.
wabi

Post by wabi »

2" blazers are all I use now. They stabalize broadheads with no problems from my Phoenix.
wabi
Michael Stogre

Locktite gel glue

Post by Michael Stogre »

Here's a seconder for the Locktite gel glue. Better than all the rest.
I would like to live like a river flows
Surprised by its own unfolding.
(John O'Donohue)
TYE

Post by TYE »

May have to give this Loctite Gel Glue a try...
Sopchoppy

Blazer vanes

Post by Sopchoppy »

I've tried most of them. The 2" blazer is the best of the bunch. I use only
Goat Tuff glue. The vane will NOT come off. As recommended, after it's glued on, put a very small drop on the front and back of each vane. It will stay on going and coming.
Big John

vanes

Post by Big John »

I've tried a lot of vanes now. Currently on two of my sets are blazer 2'in.
They perform very well. I use the instant gel. Have not seen any come off in targets or pass through's on animals. One bolt I am using has shot two Deer with pass through's and I am still going to use it with a new head for my next one, without re-fletch or any other touch ups. :) Just wash and go. :)
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Normous

Post by Normous »

I prefer the flight characteristics of the 2" Blazer as well. The tiger stripe vane/wrap combo sure looks sharp IMO. The yellow tiger vane/wrap that I use shows up very well in the woods, even under low light. Mix and match yellow and white tiger for a different look.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

2" Blazers work great for me. I also replaced the 45 gr aluminum inserts with 110 gr brass inserts on my GT Lazer II's.
After trying all sorts of glues, etc. I finally found the solution that works on carbon bolts on another site: I spray the last 6 or 7'' of the bolt with white laquer. I use just a single coat, let it dry for 15 minutes or so and fletch. Not only does any glue I tried work, but the fletching is much easier to remove if necessary. No more scraping glue off the shaft. Just use a vane remover then remove the laquer with an acetone soaked rag. I mask tape off the bolt to give me a nice clean edge. Plastic nocks would present a problem when removing the laquer, I'd remove them or mask then off since laquer will soften them. And as a bonus, the white laquer makes the bolt much more visible.
Woody Williams

Re: blasers.

Post by Woody Williams »

hawg hunter wrote:Tye clean your arrow with a good solvent, acetone or 70% plus alcohol. I use Loctite supergel. have had no problems.
Ditto...

Cheap too...
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Have had very good luck with Blazers . Have used 1 arrrow for the entire 3d season with a lot of pass thrus on punky targets . Still looks new.