O/T RETIRED

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

frisky

O/T RETIRED

Post by frisky »

After 48 years and 6 months of punching the time clock, I punched it for the last time, at 5pm, as a FULL TIME employee. I am returning Monday to the same place as a part time driver. I am proud to be joining the other retired/semi retired guys/gals that are on this forum! WAAHOO!!!
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Congrats on your retirement, Frisky! :D
Grizz
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Congrats. Happened to me nearly two years ago. Blood pressure dropped to normal, lost 20 lbs and have a persistant smile on my face. Enjoy.
Oh, and did I mention bought another x bow, make my own bolts and strings, have targets set up behind house so shoot nearly every day, shop light is on most of the time?
the elf

Post by the elf »

ENJOY-----AS OF NOV.25/07------I have been retired for 8 glorious years.Life is great-------ELF. :D :D :D :lol: :lol: .
DanO

Post by DanO »

You'll wonder how you had time to work. You've obviously kept your hobbies and interests up to date. That will pay off in retirement. The only unhappy retirees I've met had no interests other than work so they're lost in retirement.

Congrats, now every morning feels like Saturday morning.

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
rutman

Post by rutman »

Congrats! Thats a long time to do the same thing! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Make the best of your new found freedom!
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Congratulations!!! And best of Luck. I have relatives in your State but its been a long time since I have seen any of them. In the mid 70's I believe. They had Dairy's near Weyerhauser and Bruce.
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

congradulations you will enjoy , i did that in 1996 have a goodin.

hatchet jack
they say he is still up there.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Congratulations On Your Retirement!!!! I Am Waiting On Our House To Sell In Florida And I Will Be joining You In Retirement, And Our Place In Tennessee!!! Can Not Wait :D
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

DanO wrote:Congrats, now every morning feels like Saturday morning.
Dan O.
That sums it up! Well said.

I also wonder how I ever had time to work. I really enjoyed what I did but now I don't know how I ever did it.

There are just so many whitetail bucks and so little time!
bendback

Post by bendback »

Congrats on retirement - i have 8 more years :(
any way - how does crossbow loading affect yall's joints? shoulders, backs and all? very courious because I've got 2 bad shoulder sockets and a ruined back - while I'm at it; I'm (finally) a new member on the forum, thanks to the sales dude! don't have my crossbow yet and would like some advice on different models & poundage. Is a 225 lb draw wt. really that hard to draw? I don't want something I can't play with a lot

any help would be a very big help I'm drooling but so confused

bendback
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

frisky...congrats on the retirement. 48 yrs 6 months, wow that's one heck of a career. Hopefully I won't have to do anymore than 30 which means another 10 yrs for me.

bendback,

A rope cocking aid will reduce the effort required to cock the bow by 50% it will also ensure consistant and straight loading everytime. If you think that is still going to be too much you can get a crank-a-roo which will make it even easier.

My 15 yr old son has no problem cocking his 200 pound Vortex with the rope cocker.

Dave
bendback

Post by bendback »

Thanks LD - I had planned on getting both cocking aids - the crankaroo for tree stand cocking
Having never fired a crossbow & looking at the cash outlay I really don't want to make any errors - but if your son can do it I don't see why I can't
I'm still in pretty good shape - used to shoot a recurve & had several compounds but sold it all a few years ago after I busted up the 1st shoulder
I guess I just need to go into the shop for some repairs?!
<--<<
Black Coyote

O/T retired

Post by Black Coyote »

Congratulations on a well deserved retirement. I'm proud to say that I packed it all on 12/Oct/07 after 36yrs in the work force. Two weeks later I was admitted to hospital with a bleeding blood vessel in my stomach - all has been resolved using a "gluing" procedure on the bleeding vessel - after my week long stay in the hospital was discharged on a Friday and the following week I'm proud to say I harvested two deer in the shotgun hunt in 85C - also harvested two in the bow hunt - one a nice 6 point buck at 44 yards - as my wife says, you can't keep a good man down !!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on the full time retirement to semi worker as needed. Can get some important things done now. Like hunting and fishing and stay on the computer!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315