Sighting in scope ????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bushmaster

Sighting in scope ????

Post by bushmaster »

OK, I started sighting in my Paradox today. It's got an Excalibur Vari Zone scope on it. I got it zeroed at 10 and 20 yards, then backed up to 50. Took two shots and they were both low...consistent. Then, my hands and feet were both so cold I had to quit. The FPS setting was sitting on almost 350.....how much should I move it to bring the arrows up say, 8 inches ?? It'll have to wait until morning anyway, as its starting to get dark here already but how much will a person gain by changing it 25 FPS ?? Thanks.
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

Not sure what arrow combo your using but if you zero in at 20 yards using the crosshairs and then adjust the speed ring for the 40 yard mark you should be ok. Set the speed ring at 340 fps. The other yardages should fall in without any problem.
kendo kid

Re: Sighting in scope ????

Post by kendo kid »

...how much should I move it to bring the arrows up. . .

Start by moving to Florida where you can shoot more than 3 arrows in a row.

Drop you speed down to 325 or 300 and check the flight at 50. Once you are on at the 50 yd mark check at the closer ranges. Adjust as needed. Please understand air temp, humidity and other factors will impact on the "dead on" accuracy of the arrow. Just like a fast ball pitch is effected. So understand the scope's job is to put it in the 6 inch circle.

Most shots occur at 20- 30 yards. I will not shoot over 30 as a rule of thumb. Many kils at 10 - 15 yards. The closest was at 3 yards in 2005.
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Try this.. I have photos to illustrate each step now, if you need them let me know.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... black+line
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string