Crossbow nocks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

powhs

Crossbow nocks

Post by powhs »

I have a set of raw shafts I want to make into crossbow shafts. What type nock is best for a Excaliber Exomax?
wabi

Post by wabi »

A flat nock only! - a point insert will work fine. :wink:
wabi
powhs

Post by powhs »

I noticed on cacciaebalestra.altervista.org site that they have plastic nocks on there bolts. Do you think they cause less wear on the string?
hawg hunter

nocks

Post by hawg hunter »

The only benefit that plastic nocks have over the alum.inserts is they may increase the FOC
schonyuk

flat nocks

Post by schonyuk »

You said flat nocks only. I am an inquisitive little bugger and I always like to know the reason why. Why only flat nocks? Hortons use the other type. Are the flat better, do they wear the string less?
Thanks
Stash

Post by Stash »

You can use a moon nock with Excaliburs or Ten Points, but the flat nock allows you to not worry about how you load the arrow, or if the fletching is EXACTLY lined up with the groove.

I was told by a Horton rep that there is a chance the string could slip over the arrow if you used a flat nock on their bows, but I've never seen it or even heard of it happening.
schonyuk

nocks

Post by schonyuk »

Thanks stash, that explanation is good enough for me. If Excalibur use them who am I to dispute what is best? This site is a mine of information and I am so pleased that I registered. This site is the reason I bought Excalibur. The stories of their great aftersales and customer service sold it for me, that and the recurve. Do you find any advantage to using carbon over alloy arrows?
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

powhs
If your using 2216's, I have some plastic flat nocks. If you'd like to try them, PM me your address and I'll send them along gratis.

Regards
Joe
powhs

Post by powhs »

Thanks for the offer but I have 2219's and a set of 2213's. Where can you find the plastic nocks?