Tyler and I are finished with the contest

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Tyler and I are finished with the contest

Post by raydaughety »

I took this 7 point with my shot gun yesterday the same way that Scott got his buck. The hounds were pushing a group of does around in circles causing this buck to slip out the back door trying to get to the creek. Tyler and I took our 4 wheelers to the creeks edge and when we turned the key off, we could hear him running in the water. They will usually do this so that the dogs can't smell them. When he came to an opening on a small island, I sent 3 quick loads of 00 buckshot his way and he crumbled on the spot. I asked Tyler why he didn't shoot and he said that I was a tad in front of him and he didn't feel comfortable with the shot. I can respect that but would have preferred that he get the buck than I. He later told me the same thing, After what I've been through, he wanted me to get another buck before the season's end. I love that boy and yes, I'll toot my own horn. I was raised by the best father that God could provide and I've done my very best to instill these values into my son and it looks like it has worked.

We have a hunt here next weekend that is being sponsored by the North Carolina Handicapped Sportsman's Inc. and Tyler has begged Tina and I to let him out of school so that he can volunteer his time to help others that aren't as fortunate as us. After making the "Honer Roll" again this quarter, we have agreed to let him go. Now' let me explain. Tyler was invited to come and hunt during the 2 day event but has decided to give his spot to someone that needs it and has asked that his name be added to the list of volunteers. He'll be putting up blinds and delivering drinks, coffee and whatever a hunter needs on his 4 wheeler. What I'm trying to say is: When my Dad past away, I thought that life as I knew it, was over and that I would just bide my time until God called me home. Then came Tyler and the moment that I saw him and cut the cord, I knew that God had blessed me with a gift that would become the highlight of my life. I love you Buddy and thanks for taking care of your Dad. Your one in a million and I love you with all my heart. Ok, I'll stop the tears and post the picture of the buck. Kenton, He's a seven point ( eights is broken off about an inch up) He's 16 and 3/4"s wide and once again was harvested with a shotgun. That should finish us up as far as the contest is concerned.

Tyler's not used to my new camera so I took a picture with him and the deer.

God Bless you all,

PS. Grizz, it's all up to you now Brother, Get er Done :wink:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
wabi

Post by wabi »

Congratulations Ray!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have been blessed with "family" values you learned from your father, and you are passing them on as it should be. I'm not going to get into a long narrative here, but I believe one of the great downfalls of our modern society is that in so many cases those values are being forgotten and lost.
wabi
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Congratulations Ray. You will have plenty of Venison to hold your family over the Winter now. :wink:
FJB

Post by FJB »

Congratulations again Ray. :lol:
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) Congrats Ray on your buck and on Tyler`s selfless character .A trait to be proud of . :D
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Ray,

Congrats on a nice deer I am glad to see that you are getting out. It is awesome that Tyler is giving up his spot and is volunteering. There are grown men that don't have that much character.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Thanks guys, he truly a remarkable child. I asked him what he wanted for Christmas and he replied, " Dad, you spent so much on me all year long, just get me some clothes, a few games, and some bullets. He said that he wanted us to get the "Barbie jeep for Sissy. He has a big heart. :wink:

God Bless,
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
saxman

Post by saxman »

Way to go Ray & Tyler.
I didn't know you hunted with dog's.
It's a dying tradition down here but I just love the sound when they are way back in the swamp and they jump,it put's a cold chill down my spine.I love it.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Ray & Tyler - your post had me in tears. What a wonderful relationship you two share! Congrats on this past season hunting together - here's to many more! :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Congratulations Ray. You guys cleaned up this year! Great to see that your son is so involved with hunting too.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
maple

Post by maple »

Way to go Tyler and Ray!!

You've both done well. My hat is off to you two. No doubt there is a pleased as punch wife and mother in the picture there too.

Enjoy all of it my friend. There's nothing better.

....and bullets too.....I love that one.....

My dad passed away a decade ago and I have had a hard time finding a hunting buddy to replace him. I now have one and my son is also taking to the woods with me. I've never been more proud. Hope we can do half as as well as you guys. Keep it up.

Maple
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

That's my kind of kid. Ask him what he wants for Christmas --- "ammo". :D
rattler1

Post by rattler1 »

Congrats Ray
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

nice going Ray!!!....Tyler did the right thing by allowing a handicapped hunter take his spot on a disabled hunt. He has had a great season, by letting someone else have a chance, he shows his true colors. good luck next week. hey dude...I thought you said you never get a chance to kill a trophy!!!
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Congratulations on the Buck Ray!

Sounds like Tyler is a Fine young man,, Cudos to Tyler for doing a a very kind deed by giving his spot up and volunteering his time!
You are a very lucky Man Ray :wink:

I've been very busy,,sorry about the delayed reply :oops:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife