Trespassers... argggg!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TPM

Trespassers... argggg!

Post by TPM »

I was enjoying a nice crisp morning in my blind with my Phoenix this past Saturday when about 9:00am I hear three gunshots VERY close to me. Nobody else who has permission was out at the farm that morning and even if they did it was still archery only season. My blind is set up in a narrow row of trees and dense brush between a farm field and railway tracks. I popped out of my blind and heard two guys talking just down a ways from me. I left my blind because it seemed they were hunting the tree lines and field edges. I went back to my van and drove over to a side road where I figured they came onto the property and sure enough there was an old station wagon parked there and foot prints from two guys and a dog heading into the field. I took down they're license number and headed back to the farm. When I got there I saw one guy in one of the fields carrying a shotgun. I drove back and checked with the land owner who lives only about 200 yards from where these guys were parked in case they gave some one else permission that I didn't know about. He said there shouldn't be anyone else back there so I headed back to confront them. By the time I got back to the farm fields these guys had already walked all the treelines between the fields on one side of the property (one on each side of the trees with the dog heading into the thicker brush) so it was obvious they were hunting rabbits. Their footprints were heading back toward their car so I got back in the van and headed over there but by the time I got there they were gone. :x
Judging by their footprints they were probably shooting toward my blind when I heard those first three shots. They seemed to know where they were going and were in and out of the property in about 15 minutes. Probably not the first time they've been there. It amazes me the nerve that some people have.
Last edited by TPM on Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Hey, TPM ... what a frustrating experience! :evil:

Give that license number to your wildlife enforcement officer ... they should put a stop to that for you ... and be glad to do it! :twisted:

Don't just let 'em get by with it!
Grizz
Big John

tresspas

Post by Big John »

TPM: I had a problem for a few years with tresspassers on my properties in 89B. and now when I catch them they are not warned anymore they are charged. :evil: Some of these guy's deliberately do this, even when warned. Now we have permission to walk, and watch my neighbors as well. They are low life who have no respect for others hunting or property.
they only care about themselves, and usually are smartmouth when you catch them, until you break out the cuffs. :wink:
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
hunter7558

Post by hunter7558 »

when you say "archery only season" did you think they were hunting deer with a gun? or are you saying that no one should be hunting rabbits? I cant stand trespassers too....they ruin it for alot of us, by causing problems with landowners...if you see them again call the local O.P.P they will be there faster than M.N.R. good luck getting them if they ever come back..
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Cure for them Tim is call 519-653-7700 .The black and white car parked behind theirs when they come out cures that problem quickly. :)
TPM

Post by TPM »

when you say "archery only season" did you think they were hunting deer with a gun? or are you saying that no one should be hunting rabbits?
Actually, yes I did think they may be hunting deer with a gun. I have found evidence of poaching out there in the past (spent shotgun shell, remains of a gut pile and bloody drag marks back to the road and it wasn't anywhere near shotgun season). Also muzzleloader season opened there again today and I know some people like to get an "early start" (happened next to another property I hunt last year). This property has a set of railway tracks running through and that just seems to invite trespassers and poachers.
I absolutely have nothing against hunting rabbits. I used to do it myself though it's been a few years now. I would jump at an opportunity to get out and do it again.
Cure for them Tim is call 519-653-7700 .The black and white car parked behind theirs when they come out cures that problem quickly.
Ya, that usually does it. I have a brother and a nephew both with the local police force and a good friend with the OPP. I would not hesitate getting the police involved if it went that far.

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

OPP :?: ... let's see ... I'm gonna take a wild stab here:

Ontario Provincial Police?

Makes sense to me! :D

I'm guessing MNR must surely be Ministry of Natural Resources?

Thought about googling them to see, but might as well hazard a guess and let my Canuck friend correct me if I'm wrong!
Grizz
hunter7558

Post by hunter7558 »

Grizzly Adam wrote:OPP :?: ... let's see ... I'm gonna take a wild stab here:

Ontario Provincial Police?

Makes sense to me! :D

I'm guessing MNR must surely be Ministry of Natural Resources?

Thought about googling them to see, but might as well hazard a guess and let my Canuck friend correct me if I'm wrong!
GOOD CALL GRIZZLY!! :D
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Press Charges They Know What They Are Doing!!!!!!!
TPM

Post by TPM »

Griz, you absolutely right! We're going to make you an honorary Canadian but first you have to tell me what a "large double-double and a cruller" is. :lol:

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

Hey good work eh! Ya gotta say eh if ya really want to be Canadian.

Okay next question.....

Where in Ontario do you buy Beer?

Hint....

Three words

"--- ---- -----" Fill in the blanks.

BTW - You can just call Tim Horton's Tim's or Timmy's for short.

Dave
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

bstout wrote: I think I'm getting the hang of this. VixChix taught me how to spell in Canadian by adding a bunch of extra o's and u's to words.

I bet I can pick up on the speak also. :D
Hey - would you believe I'm actually an American? Waaaay back when, when the earth was young and dinosaurs roamed, I migrated north-west (then eventually east).

Keep adding those o's and u's and before you know it you too will be heading north, drinking double-double, carrying two-fours, wearing touques, eating crullers, saying "eh?", using loonies and twoonies to buy milk in bags, asking for serviettes at Timmies, plugging in your truck's block heater... (and registering your firearms :roll: ) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I caught my tresspassers this morning, 6 of them shotgunning their way through the bush. I waited at the truck for them and educated them on where they are supposed to be, or at least not supposed to be. 5 stood and listened with their heads hung down (one was a teenage boy, I didn't get too offencive), while the other stood off in the woods watching. I went back an hour later to find a gut pile..
I was ashamed for the parent of that kid, what a way to learn to hunt, go in the woods and hope nobody finds you??
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string