Winter Camo

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Black Coyote

Winter Camo

Post by Black Coyote »

First of all I am new to the forum but have been a happy xcal user for several years. I live in the London; Ontario area and have been trying to locate insulated snow camo clothing but with no luck.
Anyone know of any stores in the area which carry this line of hunting clothing?
tracer

Post by tracer »

Bass Pro usually has it this time of year or try army surplus store.
Authorized Dealer for SPYPOINT, SPARTAN, BADLANDS GEAR, KLYMIT, FENIX,
whitetailscrossing.com
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Try an oversized white Tyvek suit over your regular hunting gear?
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:shock: Personally i'd stay away from theTyvek as I do not believe that it is breathable adn you'd sweat to death doing any walking...correct me if i'm wrong! :wink: Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
DanO

Post by DanO »

My son visits an Army Surplus store in the town of Borden and he claims the camo inventory is awesome. Makes sense because Base Borden is right next door.

I have seen winter camo coveralls that were very affordable at Bass Pro Shop. Let us know if you find what you're looking for.

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
Buck Fever

Post by Buck Fever »

You can try Canadian Extreme http://canadianextreme.com/ If they don't have what you are looking for, just ask and they might be able to get it. Best of all it ia a Canadian company.
BUSHDOG

Post by BUSHDOG »

i agree with brampton mike it gets very hot ,i tried a tyvec suit last year and ripped it off after a half hour of walking .ps as i was doing that an 8 pointer walked by me sticking his toungue out so vix chik has a good point .cant win lol
excocet200
groundpounder mount
lumizone
muzzy mx4 100grains
rutman

Post by rutman »

Just a pair of oversized uninsulated coveralls work fine. I used black perm. marker and put sticks all over them. I wouldn't do that for this season but it works good for later and looks better after it fades from a few washes.

Just a cheap way to get aroun the 3 weeks of snow we ever get during deer season.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I have a cheap white pair of sweatpants and sweatshirt in XXXL that I use when it snows. They are big enough to put on over all of my hunting clothes, even insulated coveralls. They are cheap and white. I don't use them often so they've lasted for years.

DuckHunt
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

I have the Natural Gear snow camo that is uninsulated just bought it large enough to pull on over top of my regular insulated camo, that way when I get to my popup blind I can go to the dark camo when I sit inside.

I got mine at Bass Pro in Vaughn & I believe it was around $60 for both top & bottom pieces.

Last time I was at BP they did also have it in insulated as well but I did not look at prices.

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
tworr

Post by tworr »

I hate to get off topic and start yelling "the sky if falling" but there is a trojan on the canadian extreme site that automatically downloads to your computer when you click on the above link.

Every time I click on the link my virus scanner freaks out and catches the trojan and deletes it.
----------------------------------------
v=Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
Event: Threat Found!
Threat: Downloader
File: FDCAEE7Bd01
Location: C:\Documents and Settings\Tworr\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\a1kgiub7.default\Cache
Action taken: Clean failed : Quarantine failed : Delete succeeded : Access denied
Date found: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 10:20:55 PM
-----------------------------------------

Info on downloader...........
http://www.symantec.com/security_respon ... 18-4323-99

This type of trojan allows the hacker to upload other software to your system so that they can do what they want with your computer.

Tworr
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I bought a bunch of white painters suits from the dollar store, they have no thermal properties. Even went so far as to use paint on one to break up the plain white suit.
I always wear my regular camo under them anyways so this year I may just take a razor to the suit and make slits in it to reveal parts of my camo.. I found it worked very well last year on my quest for Coyotes.

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
rutman

Post by rutman »

I always wear my regular camo under them anyways so this year I may just take a razor to the suit and make slits in it to reveal parts of my camo.. I found it worked very well last year on my quest for Coyotes.

Excellent idea! Tough utwitting yotes.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

London stores.. (you have lots!)
-Forest city surplus, huge selection of army surplus, new and used.
-GK's gun room, right next door to Forest city surplus (sorta)
-Archers nook, some clothes, odd hours.
-Gobles firearms, very large well stocked store.

An hour away is Shooters choice, the gun room below the bow shop has a bunch of clothes, every season.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Black Coyote

winter camo

Post by Black Coyote »

Thanks everyone for the information.