Meat Grinder??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shakky

Post by Shakky »

VixChix wrote:Just an idea before you break the bank. This might sound a bit sexist, but check with your wives, girlfriends or mothers - lots of countertop mixers have grinders as accessories (they're just usually stuffed in the back of some cupboard somewhere because they rarely get used.)
This is good advice. My wife has a spam Aid and it has a meat grinder attachment. I wish I had of know that years ago. Some very good deals on them on E-bay.
ger34

Post by ger34 »

for all you home processors

http://www.sausagemaker.com/
jay73

Post by jay73 »

I received an Eastman Outdoors # 10 hand crank grinder as a gift from my wife a couple years back and it has served me well. A litle sore on the arms if I grind a big load, but hey, no pain - no gain!! :D

I have probably put at least 100 pounds of venison through it. I find that cutting the meat into 2-3" pieces before grinding works best. Also I gotta put an edge on the blade once a season or so.

Will upgrade to an electric sooner or later, but I'm in no huge rush since this works great for me.

Happy grinding,

Jay
black martin

Post by black martin »

I too bought a meat grinder and sausage maker this year. It has started a whole new hobbie making differert types of sausage. We will butcher and grind all of our deer next year.
DJ test

Post by DJ test »

How about Princess Autos grinder with pulley to adapt to motor. I think they come from Northern Tool. Have one ,Love it and find it outdoes all the rest. :D