New Ride

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ecoaster

New Ride

Post by ecoaster »

Picked up my new truck today. It's my work truck and it's free, so I can't complain.

2008 Toyota Tundra 2WD. Love the double cab. Lots of room and the standard package is pretty loaded. Most importantly A/C and a towing package.

Last edited by ecoaster on Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
TYE

Post by TYE »

Nice truck!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Damn!!! That is one fine looking free ride!! But no cap?? Maybe better, you're going to want people to see the massive rack poking over top the side of the bed.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

Sorry Guys
But i gotta disagree with your choice in trucks.Gotta be a Ford.
See i used to build ford trucks here in ontario and well im a ford worker.
Lets be honest when you say truck you say ford or perhaps you say chevy or perhaps you say dodge but cmon you never say toyota truck do you.
Yes the japanese auto manufactures are kicking us but were not outta the game yet.Think crossbows you think excalibur,,,why because they have been around along time.Do you think middleton for crossbows,,,i doubt it.
Just a thought
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

That is a good looking truck!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
wabi

Post by wabi »

Nice - now get some mud & dirt on it so it will look like a "real" truck! :lol:

fuel80guy - I agree on Ford, that's what I own. (my father-in-law retired from Ford and let me use his discount when I bought it - for 1/3 off the price he converted my quickly :lol: )
wabi
10Ring

Post by 10Ring »

Nice :!:
bstout wrote:I've been driving Toyota trucks for many years.

You're in for a surprise E if you're new to Toyota. :D
We just bought a 2008 Camry for a family car, It is our third, purchase was partly based on service record of the first two.

My current company vehicle is a 2004 Camry (they allow us to choose what we want, within a car allowance, which we can upgrade out of pocket).

I have had 8 company vehicles, starting in 1979, the 2004 Camry is No. 9.

My 2004 is just about "miled out", we can buy them for resale and this is the first one that has been in good order and saleable at the end of the lease; it still runs and drives like it did went I received it in '04.

I will be placing an order for a 2008 Camry in early 2008 when mine '04 comes due.
Last edited by 10Ring on Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10Ring
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Nice truck! :D

GMC for me ... until the one I'm driving quits!

Then, who knows?

Until recently, the Japanese didn't make 'em big enough for the Ol' Grizz ... looks like they're getting the idea, though! :wink:
Grizz
hawg hunter

trucks

Post by hawg hunter »

Well here in Texas where some of those jap trucks are built they are losing their arse. Ford and Dodge are built to work,not to look pretty. Come down in this part of the world where we use trucks to wrk and you'll see what's the best. I've a 99 ford f350 superduty thats got 220k miles on it most pully either a 30 ft cattle trailer or a d4 dozer. I also have a 92 Dodge w cummins that pulls the same type of loads. Both of these trucks are real wrkrs and when I buy a new one it will be an an American owned company carrying a union label.
Grizzly Adam

Re: trucks

Post by Grizzly Adam »

hawg hunter wrote: Come down in this part of the world where we use trucks to wrk and you'll see what's the best.
Hey ... I know they say "everything is bigger" there ... but the work ethic isn't ... ya'll Texans haven't cornered the market on work, Hawg Hunter! :D
Grizz
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Spoken like a true Texan! :D
I drove my new Dodge into the ground in less than 100K, same with my Chevy, both trucks were begging for mercy when I gave them up.
All I know about Toyota is that they are a terrific financial injection into our local economy, one plant coming up and another less than an hour away, that is a lot of men and women heading to work every day, not to mention the thousands of satellite jobs to follow. That is enough jobs to get the thousands of people Ford has laid off in the past 36 months back to work.
My job depends on a striving economy just like everyone else's, have to give credit where credit is due.
Now if you want to worry about a company blindsiding the auto industry just keep an eye on the Koreans, Toyota is. :wink:

Oh, and I think the new Ford is the hottest looking truck on the road right now, they simply look tough. They also beat Toyota in quality control for the first time with that 150. I like the 350, the thing just looks angry heading down the road. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Big John

ride

Post by Big John »

Very Cool Truck! :)
That should keep you moving for a while.
Have Fun. Drive safe, and don't forget to pick me up when your going Duck hunting. :wink: :)
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
10Ring

Post by 10Ring »

Grizzly Adam wrote:
hawg hunter wrote: Come down in this part of the world where we use trucks to wrk and you'll see what's the best.
Hey ... I know they say "everything is bigger" there ... but the work ethic isn't ... ya'll Texans haven't cornered the market on work, Hawg Hunter! :D
I don't think Texas is the only place conditions are tough and trucks work hard, oilfield operations in Alberta can be somewhat "challenging" :wink: :lol:

http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/images/image0045.jpg

http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/archives/007562.html
10Ring
Boo

Post by Boo »

No real comment other than in the three years I've owned my Tachoma I have never had to take it to a dealer. My best friend is on his third and it's the same story. Man, the Tundra is one nice truck!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I have been driving a Ford F-250 Super Duty for the last 4 years. Took that thing everywhere. Hauled lots of heavy loads. I work for a "heavy" construction company so the trucks are work trucks. I have no complaints about my ford or chevs, but like I said this one was "FREE", so say what you wish. It will be put through the paces like all the rest and we will see how it performs :twisted: .

I also own a Honda Civic and after 6 years of NO service, I can honestly say that the Japanese build some quality vehicles.

All depends on what you need your vehicle to do.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!