Any Canadians use a Norinco shotgun?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Any Canadians use a Norinco shotgun?

Post by Pydpiper »

I detest clones, and that is exactly what this thing is, but the price is right and I really like the feel of the 14" barrel. It seems like an ideal camper gun.
Just curious if anyone has any hands on experience with one.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
BUSHDOG

Post by BUSHDOG »

pydpiper a friend has one 2 years old works fine the wood is crap but he dosnt worry if he bangs it up
excocet200
groundpounder mount
lumizone
muzzy mx4 100grains
10Ring

Post by 10Ring »

I would not purchase one myself because I have some fairly definite feelings about them.

There are Norinco 870 and M37 clones, to name a few.

I post quite a bit on a U.S. shotgun forum and here is my standard reply to questions on the NEF "Pardner" which is an 870 clone;

Personally, I have a major problem with them.

IMHO. it is on thing for a Chinese manufacturer to make a replica 1897 Winchester, designed in the 1890's, last made in 1957, at a facility that no longer exists.

It is another thing to copy as current U.S. design, which is still currently being manufactured, in the U.S.

Except for a few outside cosmetic diffences such as the back of the receiver, the parts in the link look like they were directly copied from the 870, to me.

http://www.hr1871.com/documents/manuals ... Manual.pdf

If they want to design their own gun, make it a good design, well made, out of good materials and sell it on its merrit, that's one thing.

It is a gun that they did not have to bear the design costs for, they don't have the same wage scale as Ilion NY, I doubt they have to meet the same labor, safety and envirionmental laws as they do in the U.S.; a few reasons why they can sell them that cheap.

I'm not even from the U.S and I wouldn't consider buying one for those reasons.
10Ring
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fox

Post by Fox »

We have minimum overall length requirements, and barrel length requirements if the gun is not manufactured with a shorter barrel. They are some weird laws, DLASK makes a 12" barrel that you can put on your 870 and still be non-restricted.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I understand the drama around the whole concept of the the reverse engineering thing, as well as why the US has banned the import of this companies products, I would have personal issues with myself if I decided to stand my ground on one item and not all "copies" from China, I have gotten myself past that part. I am a member of that shotgun forum too, but this particular topic seems to be a bit biased to say the least. I am totally open to the whole conversation, just not in this thread, please.

For the intents of this thread I was hoping for some hands on experience with the mechanical aspects of the firearm, not necessarily the labor laws or patents that did, or did not exist in their production.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

I have had the Norinco 870 clone with synthetic stock for three years now and can not sing its praises loud enough!! If Remington or any other gun manufacture for that reason wants to complain about them, then maybe they should make as good a gun at the same price!! This gun has gone through mud, snow, rain, and cold but has never jammed or misfired which I can not say for my Browning. The Norinco 870 clone is a work horse not a gun to put on display.