vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Looking good with those nice Bucks.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Very nice!
But I thought Mexican bucks were called Pesos?
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

They will look great on the wall. Congratulations
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

You can really do some great hunts in Mexico and if you do your homework, you can find some tremendous deals. The bucks are similar to Texas deer, not huge bodies, but some very nice racks. What they lack in mass to their northern brothers, they make up for in width and tine length.

I have hunted in Mexico but not for whitetails. A couple of my hunting partners have hunted whitetails in Mexico and killed bucks very similar to the ones pictured above in DoDFire's post. My hunts were duck hunts with afternoon dove hunting thrown in for grins.

It became increasingly more difficult transporting guns back and forth across the border and on one trip our gun cases "disappeared" while waiting for them in airport baggage claim. From that point on, we used guns provided by our hosts on all subsequent hunts. If you are driving across the border you have more control over the guns and I have not heard of guns disappearing in that manner. In either case, I would not take my prized irreplaceable hand me down old family heirloom shotgun or rifle into the country. I have not heard of hunters having bows disappear.

That is the one and only negative I can say about my experiences hunting in Mexico. The people are just fantastic and the service is spectacular. The hunting is very similar to Texas and the techniques used in Texas for hunting bucks can be duplicated south of the border.

Oddly enough, the only time we ever got "Montezuma's Revenge" was the very first time we went. Maybe we built up a tolerance after that, but it was still most unpleasant and did affect the trip so you may want to speak to your physician about potential preventative measures.

If you want a slam dunk on a 130 to 140 point buck, Mexico is the place to go.
DoDFire

Post by DoDFire »

I wish I could get a hunt in Texas or Mexico for Deer, Ducks, or Turkey.
East Tennessee sucks for Ducks, and I have more turkey on my place than you can shake an arrow at. I have good deer hunting at my place but the bucks aren't "Upper Class" I was on a real good buck last year but I think Southern Railway got him this year :cry: .. Oh Well at least I'm blessed with my own place to hunt and I save all that gas $$.
Huntsman, rest! thy chase is done
saxman

Post by saxman »

Nice Bucks.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
navaman

Post by navaman »

what i was told by a mexican bowhunter one day at an archery range is that the mexican officials are very receptive to bowhunters. gun hunters do seem to have their share if problems at times once they cross into mexico. maybe it has something to do with the mexicans losing their gun rights. i know of many over there that have got their guns buried in places only they know about.
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."