COUNTRY DWELLER, CITY DWELLER ... or ELSEWHERE DWELLER?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Do you live in the country, the city, or somewhere else?

Country
50%
City
40%
Someplace else
10%

Total votes: 72

Grizzly Adam

COUNTRY DWELLER, CITY DWELLER ... or ELSEWHERE DWELLER?

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Hey, Ya'll ...

Thought it'd be an interesting thread if we'd share what sort of place we call home ... whether we live in town, in the country, or in-between.

Feel free to elaborate in description.

I'll get the party started. :D

I'm from the country. Always have been. Currently live in the least populated region of the least populated county of North Carolina, down a mile-long dead-end road in "the middle of nowhere" ... tucked up against 110,000 acres of National Wildlife Refuge ... and amid vast ag fields and woodlands, swamps and pocosins.

It's a good life, just the critters, us, and some farmers! Refreshingly black at night, and views to the horizon in every direction without a house or building in sight (except some deer bliinds!) ... we love it! We bought the place off of my wife's grandma ... it's been in her family since the 1790's.

So that's me ... where do YOU live?
Last edited by Grizzly Adam on Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grizz
Normous

Post by Normous »

In the city 3.5km from work. I wish we resided in a more rural private setting. My father has 10 acres outside the city, perfect for rabbits, crows and shooting in general. One day....
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I live in a rural area at a dead end road. We have 2 acres to ourselves but really need a privacy fence.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I was born and raised in the suburbs of Detroit, met a cute little country girl in Canada and decided to hang my hat up here..
So, I am 100% country guy, with a rough start.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Boo

Post by Boo »

OMG, if I lived in the country I would be late or not show up for work, my business would go down the poop-hole! I live in the biggest city in Toronto. It is filled with lots of cultural entertainment, world class restaurants, sights etc but I care for none of it. I spend most of my non-working time at a my best friend's place an hour away in the country.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

I live out in the country ,about 20 mins out of a small town (Haliburton) but right on a mian road , no real close neibours , im on 2 acers of land with a fair bit of bush all the way around my house , all my hunting is done at most 20 mins from home or at home.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I guess you can say I live in the country. I live on the side of the Blue Ridge Mountains overlooking the Shenandoah River about 5 miles from town. I live in WV, but I can hit Virginia with a 22 rifle. :) With a big gun and a tail wind I could probably toss a round into Maryland as well. I live about 1/2 mile from 750+ acres of over-hunted public land. I do most of my hunting about 15 minutes from my house in Northern Virginia on a small 10 acre lot.

DuckHunt
TYE

Post by TYE »

I live kind of on the edge of Peterborough, not quite downtown, and not quite on the edge, so technically I live in the city I suppose.
Fergie10

Post by Fergie10 »

i live in the city which is very boring, i hate it here i ask my parents at least once a week to move to the country but i dont think its going to happen i plan on moving to the country as soon as possible
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Stuck in town... :cry:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
buzz

Post by buzz »

Born and raised in the city of Hamilton Ontario . Moved out to the country 12 years ago where the wife and I bought a 100 acre farm. South eastern Ontario. Have cows pigs chickens. Also run a bussines. I would never move back to the city. The best part of it is to wake up and walk out back to hunt, fish, hike.
Buzz
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Born and raised on this piece of land .Town is creeping up on me though. :cry:
Country

Post by Country »

I live on the outskirts of a small town (Bentonville, Va.). We don't have a stop light but the the speed limit through town does drop from 55 to 45. It consists of about 10 houses. I have neighbors but I can't see them. My farm backs up to the Shenandoah National Park and the nights are black, the stars are bright, and I have a constant influx of deer and bear. My wife is from Ft. Wayne, Indiana and then Boston, Mass. and she just hates it. There is nothing to do here but farm she complains. She desperately wants me to sell out and get a condo in the city where there are fine resturants, public transportation, and all the cultural stuff. If she ever divorces me over it then I will have to sell out as under Virginia law she will own half of everything I got. Living in the country under stress! She comes from multiple generations of Indiana farmers but never got the bug.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Suburbs....in the county..but not the country
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
saxman

Post by saxman »

City for me but have dreams of the country (like the hunting camp) when the kids are grown.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011