How tough is an Excalibur??? (Long post alert)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrianV

How tough is an Excalibur??? (Long post alert)

Post by BrianV »

REAL TOUGH!!!

Well, I am going to "testify" to an outstanding product!! I will keep it short, but think this is something I should tell about.

I have never written a post like this about any product, but couldn't keep silent about this.

On Dec 31 the archery seasxon for deer here in Ontario closes. After a long, tough day my buddy Ray shot a beauty of a Doe with his Exocet. I also hunt with an Exocet and love it, but havbe always been concerned about how much punishment it can take. (I USE my equipment!!! LOL)

Well, we had some very deep snow here in Ottawa and it was tough getting that doe out of the woods and back to the truck. We had to drag her out by hand through snow that was up to our hips. Needless to say, we were both exhausted by the time we got her out.

We took care of business, got out of our gear and loaded up the vehicles with the gear....all except for....you guessed it,.. MY EXOCET 200 which was left propped up on the front bumper of my ^%$$%# truck!!!

I put the truck in 1st gear and started going forward when I felt some "resistance".

Then it hit me what I had done. Normally I am not much of a swearing man, but all I could think of was my hard worked for $$ and how much I have grown to love using this crossbow and would be hard pressed to financially replace it before next fall.

It has the full kit on it, Vari-zone scope, quiver and some awesome bolts made for me by Greywolf on this site.

When I had a look at it, I had driven over the limbs and up onto the deck and clear over onto the scope. The scope was now pointed down to about halfway along the rail.

The quiver hood was broken off, but thankfully I didn't loose any bolts and the broadheads hadn't gone into my tires.

I felt even sicker than before.

Well, upon getting home and closer inspection, the trigger assembly was "bent", for lack of better words the bolt retainer was jammed into the deck and the scope mount was bent waaaay down. I felt that it couldn't hurt to "have at it" and try to salvage what I could.

THE SCOPE IS UNDAMAGED!! Large letters because I had thought a busted Vari-Zone was going to be a given!!

I took a large socket pry bar and put it under the scope mount and pulled like blazes to straighten out the deck. Not only didn't it break under the "reverse" pressure, it actually came back to a position pretty close to where it normally should have been.

I checked the rest of the bow out and couldn't see any more damage, so I took it to the basement tonight to "give er a whirl"

Took me 3 shots to center it at 15 yards. 6 more placed my bolts in perfect bullseyes.

I had been hesitant to replace my Jennings Devastator as I had harvested many deer with it and loved the feel of it. The Exocet at first was a very "alien" device, not fitting quite the same and with a unique stock design.

Now, I would never dream of buying anything but an Excalibur.

I am a believer and can tell you that many compound crossbows would never have survived this.

This is one heck of a tough crossbow!!!!

Kudos to Excalibur and your quality control.

I am a believer and will buy one of your hats soon and wear it with pride. Something I haven't done with any other product. Your brand deserves some advertising from me.

BrianV
Normous

Post by Normous »

I think everyone here is going to like that story. I did!
Thanks Brian!!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Fork Horn

Post by Fork Horn »

No Pics??? :(
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Great story! Glad you came away from it with a bow.
Thanks for sharing.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Cool story thanks for sharing it.Glad it had a happy ending :D
The best things in life are not things!!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Probably not the kind of "torture test" Bill T. would recommend putting one through, but a testament to the durability of Excalibur!
Glad to hear you didn't destroy it. I understand all about not wanting to spend those hard-earned $$$$. But if my Excalibur would happen to get destroyed you can bet it would be replaced with another Excalibur!!!
wabi
buzz

Post by buzz »

Great story.
My brother did kinda the same thing.
Left it on the bumper after a hunt , then drove over his bow . Don't think it was as bad as your experiance, but he didn't even knock the site out.
Can't bet that.
rutman

Post by rutman »

Wow!
gotta love em!
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
saxman

Post by saxman »

Great story on a great product.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
bbbwb

How Tough is Excalibur?

Post by bbbwb »

It would be a sick sick sick feelingfor sure. Glad all turned out for the best.
bbbwb
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

Great testimony BrianV.

I knew a few years back I bought quality & durability. Now I know I'll certainly have it till the end.
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Thanks for the story BrianV. Since I have been doing a lot of the warranty at Excalibur for the last while I have seen some amazing stuff. People have run over our bows with trucks, tractors and ATV's, they have dropped them out of the back of trucks going down hiways and some have had suffered decents out of tree stands. Some users think that dry-firing is an acceptable uncocking method while others have dropped them into lakes or shot the limb into a tree trunk. The best one is that your's truly and a partner in crime left 15 crossbows strung in a trailer for 2 weeks in the Atlanta heat with no problems at all (which was good for us). I have witnessed first hand how durable our product is, and I can tell you there is not a tougher crossbow made out there. We have decided there is no such thing as fool-proof since there are still lots of us around :D !

Peter
BrianV

Post by BrianV »

It's amazing how these bows stand up!! I have talked to a few people who are shooting the Competitor's compound type and they all just shake their head whenever I "wonder aloud" about how their kit would have made out.

BrianV
navaman

Post by navaman »

l've often said to many that if l ever changed the name of my construction company it would become Excalibur Construction
i'm very proud to be a part of the excalibur family and I think bill t and his crew are BOSS!
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."