Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Doe Master
Site Admin

O/T Religion and government joke

Post by Doe Master »

This almost makes sense.
THE LAW IS THE LAW?**
>> *
>> I hope this makes its way around CANADA several times over!!!
>>
>> So if the* **CANADIAN** *government determines that it is against the law
>> for the words 'under God' to be on our money, then,* **so be it.**
>> *
>> And if that same government decides that the 'Ten Commandments' are not
>> to be used in or on a government installation, then,* **so be it.**
>> *
>> And since they already have prohibited any prayer in the schools, on
>> which they deem their authority, then *so be it.**
>> *
>> I say, *'so be it,'* because I would like to be a law abiding Canadian
>> citizen.
>>
>> I say,* **'so be it,'* because I would like to think that smarter people
>> than I are in positions to make good decisions.
>>
>> I would like to* **think* that those people have the Canadian Public's
>> best interests at heart.
>>
>> *BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?**
>> *
>> Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot post His
>> Commandments in Government buildings, I don't believe the Government and
>> its employees should participate in the* **Easter* and* **Christmas....*
>> celebrations which* **honour* the God that our government is eliminating
>> from many facets of Canadian life.
>>
>> I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving &
>> Easter.*After all, it's just another day. **
>> *
>> I'd like our Government to be in session on Christmas,
>> Good Friday,Thanksgiving & Easter as well as Sundays. *After all, it's
>> just another day. **
>>
>> *I'd like* ALL* Representatives to not have to worry about getting home
>> for the'Christmas Break.'* After all ........it's just another day.**
>> *
>> I'm thinking that a lot of my taxpayer dollars could be saved, if all
>> government offices & services would work on Christmas, Good Friday &
>> Easter. It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would be *just like
>> any other day of the week*to a government that is trying to be*
>> **'politically correct.'**
>> *
>> *In fact....**
>> *
>> I think that our government should work on Sundays (initially set aside
>> for worshipping God...) because, after all,* **our government says that
>> it should be just another day....**
>> *
>> *What do you all think????**
>> **
>> **If this idea gets to enough people, maybe our elected officials will
>> stop giving in to the minority opinions and begin, once again, to
>> represent the majority' of ALL of the people. SO BE IT...........** *PASS
>> THIS ON...
>>
>> *HELP RETURN SANITY TO CANADA!!*
>>
>> /*
>> */Have a great day
>> /*
>>
Last edited by Doe Master on Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crowe

Post by crowe »

definitly one of the best posts I've seen in a long time.please pass this one on to your local elected officials. Every little bit helps.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Excellent post. It's extremely sad to see what our governments are doing to keep Christ out of our lives. :cry:

God Bless,
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

That says it all :!: :!: {Excellent}
Eltin

Post by Eltin »

What you say is true but you must also consider people of oter beliefs. If for instance you live by the ten commandments, but your nieghbour doesn't that's going to be a problem. Can you imagine a society where all the people live by different laws?
But the fact still remains that the great majority of people that work a goverment job are christians, and since they don't practice their religion at work, they go home for christmas.
It's not about not allowing christ into our lives, it's more because of practical organization
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Eltin wrote: If for instance you live by the ten commandments, but your nieghbour doesn't that's going to be a problem.
I agree that you'd have a problem if your neighbor doesn't live by the Ten Commandments! Who wants a neighbor that:

Puts themselves before God
Worships statues
Curses
Never wants to quietly rest
Treats their parents with disrespect
Is a murderer
Cheats on their spouse
Is a thief
Tells lies about you
Wants everything you have
Grizz
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

You don't have to be a christian to be a good person.
I don't cheat on my wife, steal, disrespect my parents or disregard any of that other stuff that is a requirement of being a follower of your God.
That post makes sense from the respect that our Government can't tell it's a$$ from it's forehead, but religion should not be pounded down people throats.
My wife is a Sunday school teacher, my Kids attend church too, I go when there is a special event like a play that my kids are participating in. I will not hold my kids back due to my beliefs(or lack of), I let them experience everything and make their own decisions, then support them.
We live in a country where people are allowed to believe in what they choose, if anything at all, and it seems the government is a bit slow at catching up.
Isn't resenting things that conflict with your God and beliefs against everything religion is about anyways? I usually try to stay out of religious posts, but I don't like being called a liar, murderer, cheater and all that other stuff just because it doesn't conform to the rules your God set in place for you.
I think there are far more rules of life that a person should adhere to to be a civil man/woman than 10. To see a good example of why people shouldn't condemn other that share different religions, just turn on CNN for a few minutes.
I am a good person, but I don't pray to any Gods, nor should anyone be able to insist that I do, or judge me if I don't. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Preach on Grizz, preach on! My wife is a county employee and when she was promoted, she received a nice parking spot in the county parking lot. Well, last week her supervisor advised her that someone had complained about the bumper stickers on her suv. One says " one nation UNDER GOD !!!" and the other says " Get RIGHT > with God or get LEFT < behind. They told her that she would have to remove the bumper sticker or park in the public parking lot :x . Not willing to compromise her beliefs, she parks in the public lot, pays and walks to work.

God Bless,
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Nobody should have to compromise thier beliefs, your wife did a noble thing by walking.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
TPM

Post by TPM »

That post makes sense from the respect that our Government can't tell it's a$$ from it's forehead,
You're right, the original post just shows how society wants nothing to do with religion... unless it's convenient for them.
I usually try to stay out of religious posts, but I don't like being called a liar, murderer, cheater and all that other stuff just because it doesn't conform to the rules your God set in place for you.
I think there are far more rules of life that a person should adhere to to be a civil man/woman than 10.
I don't think Grizz is accusing you of anything. I think he is just trying to point out that the core morals and standards of our society are heavily rooted in the Ten Commandments and Biblical teachings. Not sure wat your life rules are but there is not much, if anything, that we as a society considor good and civil that can't be tied back to the Bible. Not trying to be preachy, just stating facts. :?
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

My post wasn't aimed at Grizz :D
I find most of Christianity to have that belief, for the most part they seem to hold themselves in a higher regard than other members of society. If there is a strength in that than I say all the power to them, my point was simply that you don't have to be a believer to be a good person.
I support anyones decision to believe in anything they want as long as it doesn't infringe on my rights to live my life the way I want to, keeping in mind that I do believe in a society that can flow and get along.
I will never judge the religion as a whole, but I also find it to be a bit of a hypocritical way of life, I see far more "Sunday Christians" than those who live by the word they preach. Again, that is a generalized statement and not meant to say all people are like that. :D
WMU 91
Boo string
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I've touched on this before . . .it's not "the government" that's to blame. It's the Christains fault.

The Christains out there have the MAJORITY. We do VOTE on this stuff. So . . .why do I say it's the Christains fault . . .that's right . . .they are sitting on their hands praying for God to take care of things. All they need to do is VOICE their OPINIONS LOUDLY. Instead, the good Christains are trying to keep the peace by letting very stinking minority have whatever they are bit*hing about. It's time to STOP turning the other cheek. I have never had religion crammed down my throat . . .except maybe by my Mom along with carrots and peas. That's crap . . .just because the Ten Commandments are on a wall doesn't mean I have to stop and read them every time I pass. Governments are supporting the VOTERS . . . the minority votes, thus their voices are heard. Christains need to raise their voices.

We hunters are guilty of the same B.S. We use to parade our bucks through downtown of the hood of our cars and show off our harvests. I used to love seeing these bucks as a kid. I dreamed of the day I would be able to show off my big buck. The local newspaper would have an entire section of bloody deer photos . . .it was awesome! I really think it promoted our sport, especially to the young kids. Now PETA, the minority, has complained. Everyone here agrees that they are a bunch of crazy, ignorant folks when it comes to hunting. None-the-less we try our best to satisfy them. I don't understand. There are way more hunters and people that support hunters than those that support PETA. However, if we keep quiet, then I'll bet that changes too. Now kids are playing blood & guts war games on the computers and shooting up schools . . . .I'll bet none of those kids were hunters.

OK . . .I feel beter now.

One other thing . . .Christains have NO PROBLEM with a neighbor of another belief or non-believer as long as they are a good neighbor. It's the few non-believers that have a problem with Christains . . .that's why this is an issue.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

TPM is right ... no personal accusations.

In that post, I only meant that I feel like a neighbor who lived contrary to the principles contained in the Ten Commandments would be a problem. If the references to God and worship were removed, I'd still feel that way. The six remaining would suffice:

Treats their parents with disrespect
Is a murderer
Cheats on their spouse
Is a thief
Tells lies about you
Wants everything you have

I meant what I said and nothing more ... that I don't want to live by someone who lives like that.

I included the references to God because the subject was the Ten Commandments and in listing the contradiction to those principles, their inclusion was contextually appropriate.

For the record, I fully support America's constitutional freedom of religion ... it is part of the original genius of our forefather's dream for a working society.

For the record, I am also a Christian myself ... but I don't insist anyone be one themselves. I urge ... but such choices are up to the individual.
Grizz
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Pydpiper I agree that "some" are Sunday Christians. Also, there are a many of men in the church that think that good works will get them into heaven but it just isn't so. You can cut the grass, serve on every board there is and volunteer all of your time for the church, but if you don't accept Christ and your Saviour and ask to be born again, you will "miss the mark". This is my personal belief and I'm entitled to it just as you are entitled to yours beliefs. I will not shove my beliefs down anyone's throut but I will never deny my relationship with Christ and will share what God has done for me every chance I get.

God Bless,
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

By the way, ya'll ...

This thread has the potential to degenerate into something not typical of our reasonable, good-natured discussions.

Let's not let that happen.

So far, so good.

I believe this forum generally rises far above the common attitude found on internet discussions, and I want to keep it that way! :D

Let's show 'em how we do it on the Excal site.
Grizz