Info needed for Astro Daco crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Info needed for Astro Daco crossbow

Post by Pydpiper »

I have A 120# Astro Daco in perfect shape and I would love to be able to shoot it.
I need to know what arrow size this thing uses/prefers, it seems my carbons want to raise off the rail a bit with my current modern arrows, so I am thinking it may require a slightly thinner arrow.
So if any of you guys/gals have one of these I just need to know what the arrow size and weight it requires.
Thanks!
David
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

David,

I use to shoot 2117 arrows off of mine when I had it, but I also had good luck with 2216 as well.

I do recommend you keep a very close watch on the limb for splintering though as that was the biggest problem with those limbs & I do not know where you would find another one to replace it.

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Thanks Kirk. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

where would one get a string for these bows ? thanks
greener

Astro Daco

Post by greener »

Pyd; the 2117, 2113 or 2216 aluminum shafts should work off the Daco rail. The problem may be the groove is not deep enough to accomodate the height of the plastic fletching such as Blazers , or regular Duravanes in 4 or 5 inch lenghts. My suggestion is to stripe the shafts and re-fletch with 3 or 4 inch Low-profile Flex-Fletch vanes. I have done this several times with Astro Daco's and Crisbows. Gagnon Sports in Oshawa has a small supply of the Low profile Flex-Fletch on hand.
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

warningshot wrote:where would one get a string for these bows ? thanks
any decent pro shop could tie you one. 22 strands of dacron would be about right

I have an old Daco-its been so long since I looked at it I cannot recall what model it is

I had the original limbs delaminate shortly after I bought it in 1983. Got them replaced by didn't shoot it much after that. I keep it because it looks medieval compared to my excaliburs, hortons, and barnett commando!!
TNC and ACF Member
NFAA and NAA Certified Coach
mikej

Post by mikej »

since the original excals used daco limbs couldn't you use an excal dacron string ?
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
lscha

Post by lscha »

Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

This thread is an oldie!

WMU 91
Boo string