Dissipator Bar tension???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

speedball

Dissipator Bar tension???

Post by speedball »

How much tension should there be on the dissipator bar hold downs, should there be just enough on the screws that there is tension on the pads? :?: for some reason mine pads look too sqaushed against the limbs relaxed{ the string is at 1 1/8"} thanks,speed.......... :oops:
gone huntin never to return................
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Depends on how old a bow you have .With the newer bows they have a shoulder so we just tighten to the shoulder ,for a older bow tighten one side till the recoil plate starts to rise then do the otherside till the rubber squishes out a little .Hope that answers your question .
mercyfulfate

Post by mercyfulfate »

I have mine set so that there is 23mm (0.905") between the top of the riser, and the bottom of the black clamp for the dissipator bars. I don't know if this is right or not so maybe you should wait until someone else chimes in :)
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

mercyfulfate wrote:I have mine set so that there is 23mm (0.905") between the top of the riser, and the bottom of the black clamp for the dissipator bars. I don't know if this is right or not so maybe you should wait until someone else chimes in :)
Measuring like you do. Mine are set to 7/8" (0.875")
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
mercyfulfate

Post by mercyfulfate »

Comfy - what bow do you have?