walkers/sportears ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tuskntine

walkers/sportears ?

Post by tuskntine »

Going to purchase Walkers Game Ear or Sport Ears this season .
Looking for Pros and Cons , Likes / Dislikes . Personal use testimonies.
Love your neighbor, but keep your guns oiled.
Country

Post by Country »

I can't hear worth a darn either and was thinking about the game ear. It started with being able to hear deer or whatever walking in the leaves but not knowing the direction of the sound to just plain not being able to hear period. The one thing about the hearing aids I would like to have is for them to have a plug in so I can run my walky/talky output to them. My hunting group all use radios to keep in touch and that would be a nice addition. I wrote Walkers about it but didn't get a reply. I could probably modify the game ear for this but am reluctant to pull apart a $800 item. I don't have the catalog with me right now but I think that price was about right and thats for one ear. I'd rather have one ear open without having a speaker attached to it and thats why I don't want to run a game ear in one and a radio in the other.
saxman

Post by saxman »

I've been told the not so popular brands are just as good if you just look at the stats and not the name.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

The peltor`s have the function of being able to plug your radio into them .Also they are only 100.00 dollars or so.
http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/cat ... type=store
Country

Post by Country »

Thank you Doe Master. I hate to have to wear a head set but might go and try them out anyway. $100 isn't too bad. Nice that someone thought of the idea to have a head set where you could plug in your phone, MP3 player or field radio.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:D The last 4 years I have been wearing a pair of similar headphones and I find it alot more pleasurable shooting around other people for migratories .I just flip them down when the birds come in and my dad uses them for turkeys as well .
You only get one set of ears for life ,so it is not a bad idea to preserve them as long as you can.
wabi

Post by wabi »

GLAD I DON'T NEED THEM! :lol:
I might look at a pair of the muffs. Tried a cheap in-the-ear "hearing enhancer" and all it seemed to do was amplify the unwanted background noise (like wind).
wabi
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

What would be nice is if the manufacturers made the headphones with a equalizer or something.I know a few people who can not hear in the higher spectrum so if the individual could tune it to their own hearing loss .As my dad said he can not hear the robins in the spring singing but can hear the crows and such. :) And you are right wabi it is good not to need them but I still use them SO I will not have to have them . :shock: