that chaps my hide

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Crockett&boon

that chaps my hide

Post by Crockett&boon »

just finished watching a show called getting close with a girl named tiffany and her spouse lee she made a statement on the show "that every one makes a statement that if i hunted on that type land i'd kill a big buck also" then she went on saying how hard they have it and how hard they work to kill big deer...

that went all over me like no one else who hunts... hunts hard bull crap i'll give this to them yea they had to plant fields, check trail cams but thats your job thats how you make your money. i'd like to tell her that most of us buy our bows,guns,trail cams,4 wheelers,muzzleloaders,sents,clothes,and also work 40hrs a week+ and put 40 or so a week in hunting season we don't get to go to ranches or outfitters for free a hunt for a living from my eyes they have it made so she needs to be thinkful that she don't need to spend money for the stuff everyone else has to buy and pay big bucks for and gets to spend time "working" hunting outside and she don't need to sit at a desk and say hello please hold or would you like fries with that

last thought reg. people who works a 9-5 job and buys their own hunting equipment and still finds time to hunt and fish work 10 times harder to get bucks you would let walk QUIT YOU WINEING BECAUSE YOU DO HAVE IT EASY , AND YES ANYONE WHO WAS IN YOUR SHOES COULD KILL THE SAME BUCKS AND MAYBE BIGGER ONES BECAUSE WE ARE REAL HUNTERS NOT...... SHOPING HUNTERS WHO GET THE CHANCE TO PICK AND CHOISE THE DEER THEY TAKE ............

THATS ALL
excalibur equinox ,lumizone,groundpounder mount,boo string
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I do not like that show at all :!:
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Good thing for her that she is hot..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

C'mon, Crockett ... don't hold back! :D

Tell us how you really feel. :wink:
Grizz
saxman

Post by saxman »

I guess givin the oppertunity I would do the same she does but I wouldn't forget where I came from
or as we say down here.
"dont get above you rasin (rasing)"
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I met Lee and Tiffany in Florida a couple of years ago. They were hog hunting as was I. I found both to be pretty genuine and very nice people. They seemed to work very hard with their production crew trying to put together a show and spent many hours in the field and many hours in the evening reviewing and editing film. That being said, I will be honest with you and tell you up front that I do not care for the show.

Now the reason I do not care for the show has nothing to do with what opportunities they have to kill large bucks or any other game animal. I just don’t care for the interplay between the two of them. It is “cutesy” over the top with Tiffany seemingly taking every opportunity to emasculate her husband and hunting partner every show. Maybe it’s the fact that I am a little more “hard core” then their projected audience, I don’t know.

But I think throwing stones at them is a mistake. I have met several big name hunting television personalities. Some I like, and some I dislike. I once made a disparaging comment about Jackie Bushman being a converted tennis pro who had a better chance of beating me in tennis then ever besting me in the field in pursuit of a mature whitetail buck. I took the time to think about those comments and now realize I was wrong to criticize him the way I did. He was doing his job to the best of his capabilities. I took a cheap shot. I was wrong.

Every one of those people you see killing a huge buck week after week on the boob tube is doing it as their job. They are doing it because an industry will pay them to do it. And the industry knows you will pay them as a result. To start taking shots at televised hunting shows because the “stars” of the show have it made because they take advantage of the best locations with pre-scouted large animals just may put you on a slippery slope.

Who here at this forum wants to take the first shot at Bill or Kath Troubridge for their hunts in Africa? I don’t want to hear either of them tell me how hard they had to work for that Elephant or Gemsbuck! Why if it wasn’t for their guides and the advantage to hunt game rich lands, they couldn’t do near as well as I could. That slope just keeps getting more slippery.

Cast your stone at Lee, Tiffany or Jackie or even Bill and Kath for the right reasons. Tell them they are terrible actors. Tell them you did not care for the way the hunts were filmed as you didn’t see the kill shot in slow motion four or five times. Tell them they should change the style of their hair. Tell Ted Nugent to take some valium.

Letting loose with that stone for taking a huge trophy over game attractant food plots scouted for months by the “stars” host and then telling you how hard they had to work to bring down this animal is a stone that has missed the target. We won’t give the industry the money if they sponsor shows depicting the hard work the average hunter endures as he kills his trophy eight point. We are the ones that demand to see the tremendous trophies taken every week. We demand it when we buy that hunting scope or new hunting coat. We even demand it when we buy our crossbows.

I sure hope this post is not construed as a flame. And I hope it is not considered too controversial. I just don’t like stones being thrown at people for doing their jobs. Especially when all of us are their employers.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I turn the show off. Show spends more time on her being cute, and selling, than hunting. Like so many many of the ME generation, she's in the middle of 'hog heaven' but complains about how difficult it is just to be there.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Here's a solution I'd challenge anyone who gets annoyed by TV programs to try: DON'T WATCH TV!

That's not a joke.

I grew up without it, for the most part, and haven't watched any for the vast majority of my adult life.

I don't think I'm missing anything.

You'd be surprised how TV affects your thinking and attitudes ... but sadly, most people are never distanced from it enough to know the difference.

Try doing without it. I dare you. :D
Grizz
seeelk

Post by seeelk »

LOL @ Grizzly Adams "C'mon, Crockett ... don't hold back!" Just what I was thinking. I do agree with Crockett, but I won't pop a cork over it. :D
Excalibur Equinox
Black and Blue, Boo String!
Vari-Zone Scope
GrounderPounder Mount
Crankaroo (due to injury)
Cabela's Stalker (417.6 gr. with broadhead)
Wasp Boss 100 3 blade
Vert Archer as of 1973, Crossbow Hunter as of 12/07
Crockett&boon

Post by Crockett&boon »

Mike P wrote:I met Lee and Tiffany in Florida a couple of years ago. They were hog hunting as was I. I found both to be pretty genuine and very nice people. They seemed to work very hard with their production crew trying to put together a show and spent many hours in the field and many hours in the evening reviewing and editing film. That being said, I will be honest with you and tell you up front that I do not care for the show.

Now the reason I do not care for the show has nothing to do with what opportunities they have to kill large bucks or any other game animal. I just don’t care for the interplay between the two of them. It is “cutesy” over the top with Tiffany seemingly taking every opportunity to emasculate her husband and hunting partner every show. Maybe it’s the fact that I am a little more “hard core” then their projected audience, I don’t know.

But I think throwing stones at them is a mistake. I have met several big name hunting television personalities. Some I like, and some I dislike. I once made a disparaging comment about Jackie Bushman being a converted tennis pro who had a better chance of beating me in tennis then ever besting me in the field in pursuit of a mature whitetail buck. I took the time to think about those comments and now realize I was wrong to criticize him the way I did. He was doing his job to the best of his capabilities. I took a cheap shot. I was wrong.

Every one of those people you see killing a huge buck week after week on the boob tube is doing it as their job. They are doing it because an industry will pay them to do it. And the industry knows you will pay them as a result. To start taking shots at televised hunting shows because the “stars” of the show have it made because they take advantage of the best locations with pre-scouted large animals just may put you on a slippery slope.

Who here at this forum wants to take the first shot at Bill or Kath Troubridge for their hunts in Africa? I don’t want to hear either of them tell me how hard they had to work for that Elephant or Gemsbuck! Why if it wasn’t for their guides and the advantage to hunt game rich lands, they couldn’t do near as well as I could. That slope just keeps getting more slippery.

Cast your stone at Lee, Tiffany or Jackie or even Bill and Kath for the right reasons. Tell them they are terrible actors. Tell them you did not care for the way the hunts were filmed as you didn’t see the kill shot in slow motion four or five times. Tell them they should change the style of their hair. Tell Ted Nugent to take some valium.

Letting loose with that stone for taking a huge trophy over game attractant food plots scouted for months by the “stars” host and then telling you how hard they had to work to bring down this animal is a stone that has missed the target. We won’t give the industry the money if they sponsor shows depicting the hard work the average hunter endures as he kills his trophy eight point. We are the ones that demand to see the tremendous trophies taken every week. We demand it when we buy that hunting scope or new hunting coat. We even demand it when we buy our crossbows.

I sure hope this post is not construed as a flame. And I hope it is not considered too controversial. I just don’t like stones being thrown at people for doing their jobs. Especially when all of us are their employers.

well i take back nothing i've met them also and many others at big buck shows in al, tn , ms . and for some one to come out and say what she said was just wrong because they do have it very easy when it comes to killing bucks hey i spend the time scouting year around but the difference i do mne on public land ,because i don't own 4 different pieces of land nor do i really care if the do but what i said was she made it sound like "don't tell me we have it easy WE WORK hard to kill big deer..that i sure is very true but she made it sound like we work hard thats why we kill the big bucks ...well thats like telling me i don't work at killing the big ones and i'm sure if i added all my hrs i spend at work and then the hrs in the field so i can hunt they would fall short of my hrs as total and by the way i buy all my own hunting equipment..its not given to me
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Mike wrote: "I just don’t care for the interplay between the two of them. It is “cutesy” over the top with Tiffany seemingly taking every opportunity to emasculate her husband and hunting partner every show."

My sentiments exactly. It's like she has to put males down to feel better about herself. Yet, can't take any heat herself. Personally I don't know why he puts up with all that ball bustin'. If I wanted to see that kind of behavior I'd be watching Deperate Housewives. Just shut up and hunt, Tif.
M&M

Post by M&M »

I saw the show also and I am guilty of watching most of the hunting shows just for the great film footage that they get and show on tv. I am not defending anyone or attacking anyone but I believe the point she was trying to make was that to harvest trophy bucks as shown on most of the hunting shows it takes much more dedicated effort than could ever be shown on a 30 minute hunting program, and I too would not be completely honest if I said I wasn't a little jealous of their opportunities. M&M
Crockett&boon

Post by Crockett&boon »

M&M wrote:I saw the show also and I am guilty of watching most of the hunting shows just for the great film footage that they get and show on tv. I am not defending anyone or attacking anyone but I believe the point she was trying to make was that to harvest trophy bucks as shown on most of the hunting shows it takes much more dedicated effort than could ever be shown on a 30 minute hunting program, and I too would not be completely honest if I said I wasn't a little jealous of their opportunities. M&M

yea thats my point they have what every hunter should be jealous of i just don't think she should have acted like its because all of their skills and time that they kill big bucks well when you raise deer you should be able to kill big deer so don't act like you do something special and we don't
wabi

Post by wabi »

Grizzly Adam wrote:Here's a solution I'd challenge anyone who gets annoyed by TV programs to try: DON'T WATCH TV!

That's not a joke.

I grew up without it, for the most part, and haven't watched any for the vast majority of my adult life.

I don't think I'm missing anything.

You'd be surprised how TV affects your thinking and attitudes ... but sadly, most people are never distanced from it enough to know the difference.

Try doing without it. I dare you. :D
I'll take you up on that dare! What's the prize if I win?
BTW - I haven't watched TV more than being aware it was on in the background while we eat (a TV in the spam/dining area for my wife & son) for probably 10 years now. I don't feel a bit deprived. :lol:
wabi
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i don't watch their show or any show. don't have the cable or satel. imo all the stuff most of them promote is to cash in on someone's cash! i don't need any of them to tell me how to put a tick toter in the freezer.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315