this might be a bit of piece of mind

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dnepr

this might be a bit of piece of mind

Post by dnepr »

I figured this might bring some piece of mind to some of us. It does a bunch of things ,but the one for us who spend a bunch of time in the bush ,is that it will send your long and lat to 10 contacts if you were to get lost or get hurt in the bush. As I get older Idea's like this look better all the time.

http://www.gpscentral.ca/products/spot.html
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

The price sure is right! I am all for anything related to safety, those of us who put our nose to the ground and don't look up until we see what we want or are completely lost need technology like this.
I think they could have done better with their choice of power though, two lithium batteries would work well for a while but if you have the circuitry to eat up the current a lithium battery can deliver you would be better off with a 123A or more banked lithium from the AA format.
Looks like the days of simply swearing really loud are over. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
saxman

Post by saxman »

Pydpiper wrote:The price sure is right! I am all for anything related to safety, those of us who put our nose to the ground and don't look up until we see what we want or are completely lost need technology like this.
I think they could have done better with their choice of power though, two lithium batteries would work well for a while but if you have the circuitry to eat up the current a lithium battery can deliver you would be better off with a 123A or more banked lithium from the AA format.
Looks like the days of simply swearing really loud are over. :D
You know me too well.
I see Bob Fulkrod carrying a PLB all the time.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011