Soft, Padded Case found

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Silverovertime

Soft, Padded Case found

Post by Silverovertime »

Well I found a soft, padded fitted case that was indicated to be about 4 inches short across the limbs for our bows. I decided to get one anyway as they looked really nice for about 30.00 and I figured I could possibly modify. I got it this evening and I could stretch it to about 35 inches so I punched two 7/8 inch holes in the ends of the limb tip areas and reinforced with sealant. The bow no goes right into the case and only a small bit of each limb tip sticks out about 1/2 to 1 inch on each side. I am going to cover these areas in some way from the outside--maybe a leather pad or something but I must admit I could use it as is and it would protect the bow quite well. I did glue in some 1 inch extra foam padding to the insides of the stock and scope areas for extra protection and it is really a stable fit now. I found it on the Sportsmans Guide site in the archery--cases area. It is the Kodiak Island Delux Case. Any questions beyond this just e-mail me here. It also has a handle on the side and a sling of its own if you want to carry it in that way. I did not want to take it apart for daily hunts and such, but still wanted some decent protection traveling from place to place in the truck. I am sure this will work for me and an quite pleased with how it turned out. Jim
Time to put another log on the fire!
Exocet 200
Exomax
Matrix 380
Matrix 405
Micro 335
lucky strike

cross bow case

Post by lucky strike »

Jim
You don't have to go through all that trouble. Neet
Archery co sells a good padded case that does just fit the ex cal and can be zippered all the way.
It is model xc101-It does exist but a bit hard to find. I have my phoenix in it and it works fine.Look up Neet Aarchery co. on the internet for a picture---LS
Silverovertime

Post by Silverovertime »

Lucky--I checked on that xc101 case and that is exactly what I did not want. I do not like the large fan shaped cases. I have been looking for a form fitted, padded case and this came out great with some minor modifications and at a great price compared to others. The only thing I would have really needed to do was make the holes for the limb tips and cover if desired. As is they are no more vulnerable than without a case and I was more worried about the scope and more tender parts anyway. The xc102 shown on the neet site right beside the xc101 is just like the one I got except mine has more camo and the rest is OD green. I suspect the price may be less too but they did not list any prices that I could see.
Exocet 200
Exomax
Matrix 380
Matrix 405
Micro 335
Silverovertime

Post by Silverovertime »

Error--I meant to say that I expect the price for the xc102 would be more than the 29.99 price I paid for this case. Thanks for the info and comeback anyway. I now have another resource site. Jim
Exocet 200
Exomax
Matrix 380
Matrix 405
Micro 335