O/T Where Do I Turn In My Man Card?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BigTiny

O/T Where Do I Turn In My Man Card?

Post by BigTiny »

Last week, my wife got the sewing machine out and made some dresses for our little girl. I asked her if she would cut the sleeves down on one of my BDU shirts for turkey season. She told me to do it myself. When I pleaded sewing ignorance, she sat down and showed me how to do it - myself. So I cut down the sleeves and hemmed them. They looked good, so I took the cuff strips off the bottom of the sleeve and installed epaulets on the shoulders to help keep my pack straight. Then I took the elbow patches and made two deep pockets on the back to carry extra stuff. It was easy. It only took about 20 minutes start to finish.

Yesterday she bought some camo fabric on sale. When she brought it home I was like, "Cool, now I can make my own custom stuff!" Then I realized I had gone over the edge. The sewing machine had become another power tool in my mind.

So where do I turn in my card?
Boo

Post by Boo »

LOL, just don't be caught at the material store browsing!
My mother used to be a dressmaker. Made me suits, jackets etc. I alter anything but have never tried to make something from a pattern. None of the hunting stuff fits well so I end up altering most of the stuff in a sewing machine.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

You fell right in her trap :lol: when she showed you how to do it. You just have too not be able to catch on no matter how easy the task is :? :? Works most of the time in this Household {Noticed i said MOST of the time} :lol: :lol:
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I remember a couple of years ago me and a buddy dragged his cousin into lens mill end store(fabric store) he was going off how wrong it was till we got to all the camo fabric :D then he changed his tune .My first couple of camo outfits were track suit patterns to fit over other clothes .
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Just another skill to customize your gear!!! Don't sweat it. I do laundry, dishes, vaccuming, as well as dragging home the meat. All part of being an adult. Some guys out there think certain things are a woman's job. Those same guys would still let there mothers cut their meat into bite sized pieces for them if she offered :wink: .

Just don't start hunting with a camo skirt and you'll be okay :lol: :lol: :lol: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

I wish I could use a Sewing maching. I have some things I would like to custom make. Good Luck. :wink:
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

ecoaster wrote:Just don't start hunting with a camo skirt and you'll be okay :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Holy crap, that made me laugh hard.
[img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/948/sig2ty6.jpg[/img]
Esox

Post by Esox »

Hey, even Daniel Boone could make a cherry pie better than most.... Be proud of your skills and show them off to your hunting buddies... They'll be envious too.....

Being independent is a Good Thing!!!....

Just don't watch too much Martha Stewart!!!
wild bill

Post by wild bill »

That's why I don't go near the lawn mower. If she finds out I know how to run it, she will expect me to mow the grass.
they say i'm going through my second childhood. they don't realize i ain't done with my first one yet.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I have put on a many a diaper backwards just to hear her say "give me that, I'll do it myself" :wink: . In fact, I've been trying to find a way to shorten a pair of snake chaps for Tyler but no luck yet. Might have to buy him a pair of snake boots.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

A sewing machine is a power tool, like any other. :D
My father in law picked up a commercial one, it will sew leather, canvas anything you can feed in to it.. You need to get your man card back to run that one though.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Crockett&boon

Post by Crockett&boon »

don't feel bad i'm a big man and finding 4x in anything camo is hard but when you do its like 120-180 so now i make my own with fabric you find at a fabric store i've even found the carbon stuff in realtree hardwoods so i do my own :shock:
excalibur equinox ,lumizone,groundpounder mount,boo string
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Hey, guys, you're AWESOME!!! I think you sew more than I do! :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

WOW!!!!!!!

If I tried that; I would be stuck in a long lineup waiting for stiches!

Not that my clothes wouldn't get done, but only after a transfusion....

oneshot...
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Ecoster,
A Camo skirt is called a Kilt. :P :lol:
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur