How many people belong to the American Crossbow Federation?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dick195252

How many people belong to the American Crossbow Federation?

Post by dick195252 »

Just wondering how many of us on here belongs to this fine organization? {American Crossbow Federation} I am A Member Thats one
joeumholtz

Post by joeumholtz »

I'm two.
Joe Umholtz
Harrisburg, PA
717-657-7896

Check out my portfolio at:

http://Writing.Com/authors/joeumholtz

or

http://www2.Writing.Com/authors/joeumholtz/blog
Esox

Post by Esox »

Dan Hendricks has been out in front working (forever) to promote crossbows and crossbow hunting and it really is in "our" best interest to support his efforts, so I firmly believe that we all should be members of ACF ... That's why I'm one.......
Digger

Post by Digger »

I have been a member of the ACF since day 1, Dan has worked his butt off for us.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
saxman

Post by saxman »

I'm in.In my second of a 3 year membership.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
wabi

Post by wabi »

Charter member (since it was formed).
And have had the pleasure of meeting Dan personally. We couldn't have a better man representing us!
wabi
Huntinfool

As I said before

Post by Huntinfool »

I also posted this at the top sticky on this subject!

I'm so new to crossbows that I haven't even bought my first one yet!

But I signed on for two years to the ACF yesterday!

Now, I'm just trying to decide which Excal +bow to purchase!

~HF~
wabi

Post by wabi »

I think many people that live in states like I do (Ohio) fail to see the need for the ACF. We've been allowed to use crossbows as archery equipment for decades and if the battle isn't on your doorstep it's easily overlooked.
If it weren't for this forum and others I've visited I'd probably not have joined, but something about the stories of even a disabled archer with a burning desire to continue to hunt not being allowed because of some elitist group saying a crossbow isn't "archery" just because of misinformation, ego, or plain stupidity tends to pi** me off!
Hunting is a RIGHT! My ancestors (on the Shawnee side) sustained themselves largely by hunting. I need to hunt to fortify my spiritual beliefs. It doesn't matter so much whether I carry a longbow or some other form of weapon, it's the understanding of the "balance" of man & beast in nature I seek.
The ACF is fighting for the rights of all hunters! Whether I want to take a crossbow, longbow, compound, shotgun, rifle, or even just a big stick should be MY choice! There are seasons, bag limits, and allowable equipment decisions made by game management professionals to keep the prey animals in healthy numbers to support existence, but the arguments that a crossbow isn't archery is just plain stupid! The ACF isn't promoting crossbow hunting only, they are just fighting for people to have the right to make up their own minds on what equipment they want to use. Most importantly, the ACF is fighting to assure us of the right to hunt.
I can see both sides of the argument on most of the controversial weapons. A scoped inline muzzleloader and a smoothbore flintlock have vastly different capabilities, but both are loaded by putting the powder & bullet down the bore from the muzzle, so in the general sense both are muzzleloaders. A compound bow and a crossbow must have the limbs drawn back by the archer to store the energy to launch an arrow, so in a general sense both are archery equipment. The seasons in which they can be used are best left to the game management professionals to decide (based on harvest goals and success % ratios for the weapon), but to say an inline or crossbow isn't a viable way to harvest game is prejudiced in my opinion.

Bottom line - if you're a hunter you should seriously consider joining the ACF.
wabi
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I'm a member . . .I'm willing to bet we have a lot.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Boo

Post by Boo »

Digger wrote:
Boo wrote:Sorry boys. Does a subscription to Horizontal Bowhunter include membership?
Its the other way Boo,membership gets you the subscription to the magazine.
Then I am a member, thanks Digger!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
JBO

Post by JBO »

Just a XB beginner but belong to NRA, SCI. ACF may not have an influence in my state but I think it's imperative we support organizations that fight for the rights of all hunters. I'd like to review ACF before I join the organization to see what they've done as a group an their mission for the future. There are so many organization willing to take your money, send you a patch and window sticker an really do nothing for anyone.
I highly recommend everyone also join the NRA & SCI, both organization fighting for all of our rights.
Vortex
Custom Boo string
Lumi-Zone
Slick Tricks
NRA
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Wabi You Said It All, Nothing more has to be said:!: :!: Thank You
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

The cause of the ACF is a good one, and deserves to be supported.
I think the problem here is that this particular forum has a pretty decent percentage of Canadian members. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be supported by Canadians but with all the "causes" out there a lot of people tend to keep their support close to home, naturally.
I will sign up at some point this year, without doubt. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

The only problem I have is in the name " American" so I am afraid to spend more money "again" on something canadians may not benifit from eg. NRA etc.

I support many groups - Mucc,Michigan United Bow Hunters, Pheasants Forever etc.

Even hunting in the states ; and aware that my money is put well to use prompting thier heritage, one can only wonder if it is well spent.

If it were named "North" American maybe----

* Not a U.S . dig but a reality!

Sorry if I offended some folks>>>>>

oneshot
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !
Huntinfool

Post by Huntinfool »

Hey OneShot this may or may not mean anything to you but here's what DJH said when asked if Canuks can get the Mag if they join (his words not mine Canuk)!

Of course you can, John. We have members from all over the world. The "American" stands for North America, not the U.S.. And last time I checked, Canada was still in North America. Heck we've even had some people join who move to the U.S. from Central America or there abouts, but that's another whole topic.

Daniel James Hendricks
POB 251
Glenwood, MN 56334
320-634-3660
Email: [email protected]