I'm Bothered

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DoDFire

I'm Bothered

Post by DoDFire »

I worked a very tragic MVA 2 days ago and I have been bothered by it. I have talked with a friend that has delt with some of the same stuff and talked with my wife but it still bothers me from time to time. I will get over it but it may take a few days. It just sucks! Keep me and the family in your thoughts.
Huntsman, rest! thy chase is done
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I would love that job for the sake of helping people, but I know without doubt I could not handle seeing kids that were hurt.
good Job!
A couple weeks ago I was in line at a pizza place getting a slice, the paramedic in front of me ordered two slices, when he pulled his hand out of his pocket he only had enough money for one. When he walked out I bought an extra slice, ran it to his vehicle and knocked on the window.. He looked shocked, "what's this for?" he said. I said "in case you have to pull my body from a crumpled chunk of steel later on, I don't want you doing it on an empty stomach", he shook my hand and pulled away.

Yes, we are thinking of you.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Been there, as a medic in 'Nam. Bad as it is that you feel bad about what you saw, the fact that you have feeling for those affected is all important. Those sights never go away entirely for me. But I have learned to focus on other things and to talk it through with someone who understands when necessary. You took a positive step by bringing the issue up. Best wishes.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

DoDFire--

Thanks for your service.

Pydpiper--

You are a kind man.

I salute the both of you.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

DoDFire . . .I appreciate the work you are doing, I think God everyday that good people like you are there when we need you. Keep up the good work.

David . . I was in the food line at the hospital and at the front of the line was a guy that paid for the elderly lady's lunch who stood in front of him in line. I did the same when my turn arrived. . .the lady at the cash register commented about it and I told her I was just following the other guy's lead. She said that he eats lunch there about everyday and he always pays for someone's lunch. The guy works as a orderly at the hospital and likes to treat people that are there visiting their sick loved ones. It was a touching story, especially knowing that he doesn't make a big salary. Saxman . . .did you encounter this guy, or more likely, did your family? It was at your hospital.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

We'll be praying for you. I was a FF / Paramedic in SC many years ago. I'll sent you a picture of us in Firehouse Magazine. Holler at me if you need to talk :wink: .

God Bless,
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
DoDFire

Post by DoDFire »

Thanks for the support folks,,,,, I know in this busisness that I am going to see bad things and I deal with it pretty well, but this one was rough and bstout that's the way I did it,,,,,, I did my job then I let it out once I got home.

Again THANKS and stay safe!!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Thanks for your work for others, DoDfire! What you do is a valuable service to mankind, and we do appreciate it. :)

I know about tough scenes. I have lots of close experience with tragedy and trauma and have been with many people as they died. If you ever need to vent, I don't mind listening.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

You've got friends here!
Grizz
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

We thank you allso for the GREAT Profession you have choosen :!: {Get professional help if you feel you need it, Do not let it get out of hand] When our son came back from Iraq we could see a big difference in him we got him to go see a Counselor and what a difference after a couple visits :D GOD Bless you and your family
maple

Post by maple »

DoDFire

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I'll say a prayer for you , and be sure to take care of yourself and your family.

Your avatar shows that you are proud of what you do. And people are sure proud of you for doing it.

Maple
saxman

Post by saxman »

Keep up the great serivce you provide,it matters and it helps the ones who can be helped.
Turn you worries over to god,He will bear your load.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
DoDFire

Post by DoDFire »

I'm better now, but I will never forget that one. I am lucky enough to work with folks that don't judge and think that a person is weak because they shed a tear or have emotions. I wouldn't say that I had CISD (Critical Incident Stress Debeiefing) after the incident but it sure was good to have close friends that listened. I had emotions of sadness to anger, and I know there is a few on here that know what I'm talking about. Again Thanks for let'n me vent on this site and for the support.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Glad to hear you are doing better :D :wink:
wabi

Post by wabi »

I have an idea of what you go through. Many years ago when I was trying to find a career I liked I worked for a couple years as a deputy sheriff. Saw some bad scenes during those times, but a few are still vivid in my mind 35 years later.
You get over the emotional part, but you never forget.
wabi