18 inch bolts for exomag and phoenix

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GA.crossbowhunt

18 inch bolts for exomag and phoenix

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

well i high guys and gals. just stopped by to see what been going on. so what i need to know will 18 inch bolts would work for the exomag and my phoenix? i i have serveral that are differnt lengths and need to get them all one lenght. not much happing in se ga. still looking for a place to hunt be may have found one. didnt hunt one bit durring the deer season. i droped out of the club i was in due to way to much bating,drinking and arguing. so now i am gearing up for the turkey season and its getting closer starts on march 22 08. well yall be good and i will be by more often than i have been.
awshucks

Re: 18 inch bolts for exomag and phoenix

Post by awshucks »

bstout wrote:I prefer shooting a longer arrow for reasons too numerous to mention.

If I were to shoot an 18" arrow, I'd have plenty of nose weight (in the hunting head and the front insert both) or use a mechanical hunting head.
That's a fact. I had some 18" GT's made by a forum member, alum inserts for a friend's Vixen, trying to flatten the trajectory some as he was too bull headed to use a rf. They didn't perform nears as well as the 20" w/ brass inserts. In all fairness, they were good enough to 30 for deer though.
"Eze 18:21"
Big John

bolts

Post by Big John »

See, even with inferior arrow's Excal's pull through!! :)
I would'nt shoot less than 20" in. through my Max or Exocet.
But if I had to , I know they would work at the distance I shoot.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

For 3D shooting, I exclusively use 18" aluminium 2216 XX75 arrows/bolts with 125gr fieldtips and get pinpoint accuracy. This holds true for both my Exomag, as well as my Exocet 175
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I use alminum 2215s cut to 18½", fletched with 2" Blazer vanes, and with 100 gr G-5 Montecs and get great accuracy from my Phoenix.
The reason for the odd length was to come up with a finished weight of 375 grains.
wabi
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Thank You all :) very informative for me :D allways trying to learn on this site :wink:
GA.crossbowhunt

thanks for the help i guys. i should have listed what bolt i am using along with the broadhead for the exomag and phoenix. i am useing eastions 2219 with a slicktrick 125 gr broadhead. cant remember the total weight for them. i also got about 2 dozen to refletch and been thinking about using 2" vanes. so which way to turn i ask thanks rob
widowman

Post by widowman »

I like a longer shaft (20") just for the fact that when I decock the crossbow the bolt is in the middle of the stirrup. When you go to put your foot in the stirrup you will hit the bolt. This will prevent you from ever putting a bolt thru your foot.
Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

widowman wrote:I like a longer shaft (20") just for the fact that when I decock the crossbow the bolt is in the middle of the stirrup. When you go to put your foot in the stirrup you will hit the bolt. This will prevent you from ever putting a bolt thru your foot.
You can't get a better reason for shooting longer shafts than that.
Great safety tip Widoman
Fishn-Hunter
Family, Friends, Huntn & Fishn
GA.crossbowhunt

i totally agree with you on that one widowoman. never thoug on looing at it like that. so they will all stay at 20" just nee to ge some 2" vanes and some wraps for them. thanks again everyone.