Can't beleive it.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

FredBear

Can't beleive it.

Post by FredBear »

What I cant believe is that on 2-3 the last day of deer season here.I get a picture of a buck whom has dropped his antlers breeding a doe. If you look in the upper right corner of one of the pictures you can see it. Mike P if this deer looks familiar its because its the deer Kenton sent you a picture of this summer. I can honestly say I wouldnt have believed someone if they would have told me they seen a buck breeding after he had dropped........... but i guess now i have to!
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

boy what a picture,,,,,you will be following the big boy those antlers will be coming off soon . i am surpriesd the big boy didnt handel that job,,,,i bet he did .

h.j.
they say he is still up there.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

What a Magnificent Animal :o :shock: :lol: :D :) :!: :!:
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

This is a picture I got of the same buck in early July, it looks like he put on some additional height. Should be a decent buck next year. Oh, I said on another post that I had seen this deer while hunting but now I think it was a bigger one.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
wabi

Post by wabi »

Great pics!
I edited the one with the breeding couple on it so I could be sure of it.
Looks like the one little deer broke both his front legs and the other little deer is helping him home. :wink:
wabi
tracer

Post by tracer »

Great pictures and an awesome rack on that buck. What does everyone estimate his age to be. His nose is narrow and he doesn't have a pot belly so I will go with 3 1/2 yrs old.
Authorized Dealer for SPYPOINT, SPARTAN, BADLANDS GEAR, KLYMIT, FENIX,
whitetailscrossing.com
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

FredBear wrote: Mike P if this deer looks familiar its because its the deer Kenton sent you a picture of this summer.
I recognize him. I remember his left antler very well.

When Kenton sent me this picture earlier this year we were discussing what we thought his age to be. I said at the time that I thought he was a three year old buck. I am even more convinced he is a young deer now that I see the additional photos.

This buck could just be magnificent next fall. I wonder if he will duplicate those unique characteristics to his rack next year. I really hope you get some pictures.

Is it me or do we seem to see more and more unusual racks every year here in the buckeye state? I can’t wait to see what the deer and turkey expo will yield in the way of racks this March at the fairgrounds in Columbus.

I hesitate to think what this guy could look like if he survives until his fifth year!
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

The deer and turkey expo gets crazier every year. This buck wouldn't be a eye catcher in the least, but maybe next year and certainly in two he will turn some heads.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
diesel

Post by diesel »

what a great picture.
Crockett&boon

Post by Crockett&boon »

nice pics
excalibur equinox ,lumizone,groundpounder mount,boo string
Fazan

Post by Fazan »

What model of Cuddeback camera is this? These pictures are very nice.
saxman

Post by saxman »

Very cool.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
huntman

Post by huntman »

awesome pics!! Looks like you have something to look forward to this fall!! WOW what a great Buck!!
fletch

Post by fletch »

If I were you I wouldn't be concerned with what is going on in the background I'd focus on that GREAT BIG BUCK in the foreground. :!: I think I'd shoot him. Maybe. :lol:
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

Fazan the camera is a cuddeback expert. Its was nice to get a hard antler picture of him after Kenton got him in velvet. But truthfully his is about fifth on are radar. I'm never mad to see a buck like him though! I was just amazed that in northern ohio deer would be breeeding in February after they had dropped there antlers.....