New to Crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MNDeerHunter

Post by MNDeerHunter »

Having shot my new Vortex about 50 times already with no trouble at all getting it sighted in at 10,20,30,40 & 50 yards. I was really impressed just how accurate it shoots. If it was not snowing like hell outside now I'd be out there shooting it now. As Boo said I am just going to get comfortable with it and then add an STS and a custom string to try to cut down the noise and vibration. I get a lot of really good info from reading all of the posts on this site and can tell there are a lot of people on here willing to help us newcomers. IT IS APPRICIATED! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life goes by quick - so don't think about going hunting - get out there and DO IT!
Vortex
Lumizone
Customized Firebolts
Boo String
STS
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

WELCOME!! you will be happy you stopped in :D the infomation you get from this forum let's you become an educated consumer of the crossbow industry my moto in life is KISS (keep it simple smartguy) and excal bows are that,but at the same time very durable.
The best things in life are not things!!
globemountain

Post by globemountain »

Welcome to the Forum! I have owned a couple of Exocet 165's, an Exomax, a Vortex, and now I have a Phoenix. I like the Phoenix. It is the right mix of speed and "cockability".

I have long since quit worrying about what others think about me hunting with a crossbow. I shoot the Excals because I like to shoot crossbows. I like to hunt with them. I am more accurate with the Excal in a hunting situation.
MNDeerHunter

Post by MNDeerHunter »

Now I have a different question - nocks - which nocks are best to use. The bolts that came with my crossbow (Firebolts) are flat with the threaded insert. :?:
Life goes by quick - so don't think about going hunting - get out there and DO IT!
Vortex
Lumizone
Customized Firebolts
Boo String
STS
fletch

Post by fletch »

Welcome to the forum and to answer your question only flat nocks should be used with an Excal. The half moon nock most certainly will cause a problem.