Iowa Timber ghost buck

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

If it gets some people interested in hunting, then I'm all for it. I'll never hunt a fenced in animal, but, I'm not against it. These folks are still supporting hunting . . .they are buying licenses, clothing, accessories, and weapons.

I just see it as another type of livestock. If a guy can "sell" that product for big $$, then he's a great salesman . . .he just got someone to pay big money for something that is available for free. :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Rich wrote: He said a 200" buck was $11,000 and claimed to be the cheapest outfitter for a 200 incher.
I kinda feel sorry for anyone who'd pay such a price to kill a domestically raised deer! :( If someone has such an identity crisis going on that they need to kill a big buck (a "shooter" ... LOL!) that badly, I'd say that's just sort of pitiful and sad. Must be a brain disease. :?
Grizz
Rich

Post by Rich »

Here's the link to the place I mentioned. http://www.ohiotrophydeer.com/pricing.html You can look at the "pictures" page and actually see what appear to be deer in the pens (the ground is barren and other livestock in pictures). Definetely not on my list of places to hunt.

Rich
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Wow, I had no idea I was killing such expensive animals every year. I shouldn't be putting an arrow through them, I should be trapping them and selling them to those guys!

Looking at their price list, the buck I killed this year would have cost $3280.00 if I hunted in their big pen.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Mike P wrote:Wow, I had no idea I was killing such expensive animals every year. I shouldn't be putting an arrow through them, I should be trapping them and selling them to those guys!

Looking at their price list, the buck I killed this year would have cost $3280.00 if I hunted in their big pen.

no crap... ive got about 45k worth of racks on the wall LOL :D Im trapping them from now on also LOL. Ill probably tie them to a tree and charge about 7k per buck :lol:

Rich, I had no idea Roger did that.. pretty much stops me from watching his shows now. Its a place in PA with high fences also and its package hunts from 4k up to 15k. They also have pics of the deer you can hunt and photos of their parents on record LOL. Almost like shopping for a wife over seas LOL :roll:

anyone that has 12k to spend on a buck has enough cash to buy their own little farm and manage their own deer to kill.. but they must be to lazy to do so
fletch

Post by fletch »

Take a look at this buck and tell me they are feeding supplements. :shock: This pic is from their website. There is a spike growing through the middle of it's skull.
http://www.ohiotrophydeer.com/images/10 ... g_buck.jpg
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

fletch wrote:Take a look at this buck and tell me they are feeding supplements. :shock: This pic is from their website. There is a spike growing through the middle of it's skull.
return of the unicorns :D :lol:
Fergie10

Post by Fergie10 »

fletch wrote:Take a look at this buck and tell me they are feeding supplements. :shock: This pic is from their website. There is a spike growing through the middle of it's skull.
thats ugly
wabi

Post by wabi »

Let's get the rules of "fair chase" straight............
If you shoot it with a compound while it's in the pen - that's bowhunting!
If you shoot it with a crossbow while it's in the wild & not confined - that's cheating, and shouldn't count!
Am I stupid for hunting with a crossbow?????? :lol:
wabi