Bow Silencing

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cajun

Bow Silencing

Post by cajun »

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Bow Hush/Hush Puppy products for silencing a crossbow? The Bow Hush is designed for traditional recurves and helps to quiten the string slap on the limbs. The Hush Puppy is a string silencer for flemish strings. I have used both on my trad recurves and they work great..........
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

Never tried the,. but a good way to silence an excal is to get a boo string with cat whiskers!
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
wabi

Post by wabi »

I use Boo's strings with catwhiskers on my Phoenix, and catwhiskers on my recurve & longbow strings. Matter fo fact, I now own a Boo string for my recurve, but I haven't had time to do any shooting yet. :oops:
I'm not sure if Boo wants the publicity on making a string for a trad bow, but since we both own the same model recurve - CheckMate Falcon - he was nice enough to make me a flemish string for mine.
wabi
jniszczak

Post by jniszczak »

A great combination is a Boo string with whiskers and an STS system. Seriously cuts down vibration and noise...
RyanB

Post by RyanB »

on my Exomag I sold the other week (carved tip) I used a combination of limb covers and the wiskers. I don't think that excalibur sells the limb covers anymore but I found they really helped without sacrificing to many fps. What I liked the most about them was that I did alot of stalking with my bow and there was no noise to be heard from a branch comming in contact with the limbs. Helped me arrow my first doe only 5 feet from me. The rain (slignt drizzel) helped and her being pre ocupied with eating apples helped too.

RyanB
Kuffs

Post by Kuffs »

I once read a quote from Bill Troubridge himself. He said not to bother trying to silence the bow. In the forest the deer are going to hear the shot regardless even if it's a little quieter. Instead of worring about the noise, concentrate on the speed of the arrow so it gets to your target faster. do what youy can to cet more feet per second out of your bow!!!
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

Excal Micro 335
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I am going to order my Boo string with Catwhiskers in the next couple weeks :D And then leave well enough alone :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Fergie10

Post by Fergie10 »

dick195252 wrote:I am going to order my Boo string with Catwhiskers in the next couple weeks :D And then leave well enough alone :wink:
got my string today :D :D
Crockett&boon

Post by Crockett&boon »

someone post a link where to get them
excalibur equinox ,lumizone,groundpounder mount,boo string