Another cougar sighting in S/W Ontario

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

brokebow

Cougars and wolfs O my

Post by brokebow »

Yes ,here in Wisconsin the cougar sightings are not uncomon,and we have to get the wolf population going again,and I haven't found out why? I wish I had kept the pictures of the cougar that was on a guys deck,looking through a sliding glass door at his children playing on the floor. BOY what a shot. In buffalo County I know people that won't let there children walk to the school bus because of the wolves. I can't figger it out. We finaly got rid of these critters ,and now they want them back. I still like to be head of the food chain. Jerry
Jerry
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

Pydpiper:
It was someone from the MNR. The guy who saw it called the MNR and they had someoen in the area who came by and saw the cougar. When i said they confirmed it i ment they saw it, knew it was not a bobcat. and by the time it had left and they checked the footprints confirmed it was a cougar.

I believe if i saw it in the bush while hunting i would be fearing my life and therefore proibably shoot it.
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

for those who are worried about cougars, and getting attack. I remember seeing pictures of a donkey or mule fighting to the death with a coug. Results were “ get a donkey or mule!”
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

A ice fisherman was attacked by a cougar last w/e as he was coming off the ice in North Dakota. The cougar allegedly was guarding it's recent kill when the fisheman stumbled onto it. He suffered bites and scratches but is OK but is having to undergo rabies shots.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I think these are the photos BrokeBow was refering to:

"From a guy out in Spooner WI, pictures taken from his spam onto his deck. The cat was watching his little kids playing on the spam floor. "
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

WOW! Around here that would have cost me a glass patio window and 10 ringing ears.
VixChix wrote:I think these are the photos BrokeBow was refering to:

"From a guy out in Spooner WI, pictures taken from his spam onto his deck. The cat was watching his little kids playing on the spam floor. "
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Pydpiper wrote:WOW! Around here that would have cost me a glass patio window and 10 ringing ears.
No doubt! I'd have fixed his wagon, sure 'nough.

When it comes to critters and men, there is such a thing as too close ... and too brazen ... I'd say that qualifies.

I've read that there are more diary and journal (and folklore) accounts of cougar attacks and predation from the early days of expansion and settlement than there are of trouble with any other predators.

It seems that in the Eastern US especially, settlers took pains to eliminate cougar populations because they were so troublesome ... not because they were "game" or "sport" ... but because they were a nuisance in areas where people lived too.

I know one thing: I'd eliminate him if he came staring in my window like that. That ain't no kitten. Letting a big cat like that become so bold just isn't smart.
Grizz
brokebow

lion

Post by brokebow »

Yes,You have them Crosack,that was the pictures I am thaking about,and if you look close the canine teeth are all where they are suppose to be,and the claws to.If it were a pet these would be taken out. Jerry
Jerry
brokebow

sorry

Post by brokebow »

Sorry, VicChic that was your post,I have to watch what I read and read what I watch,any way ,thanks for the pictures! Jerry
Jerry