North American Hunting Club

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DH

North American Hunting Club

Post by DH »

Anybody on here belong to the North American Hunting Club or have any opinions. I received their membership package in the mail today and was thinking of joining.
saxman

Post by saxman »

If you do the junk mail will never stop coming
I know some who like it but I didn't.
I sent in the package,changed my mind,called them to tell them and they sent my account to collections when I received nothing.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
fletch

Post by fletch »

Damn I wish I had seen this post this morning because I just dropped it in the mailbox today to join. I hate junk mail. :twisted: I should have known better than to think they were actually going to send me free hunting accessories to try for free. :roll:
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

I have to join saxman with his comments. I was a member and had to threaten to take them to court for what they were doing to me. They would send me something I never requested, then expect me to pay for it, and when I didn't threaten to turn it over to a collection agency. This went on for over two years. Then I tried to get the treasurer of NAHC on the phone and never could. I then talked with the attorney generals office of Massachusetts and my local postmaster, and found out that any NAHC sent me I never requsted or ordered, I didn't have to pay for and it was aganist the law to do what they were doing to me. All of a sudden, thisngs stopped coming and I was not able to renew my membership. I've not been able to rejoin NAHC since then either. From my prespective, they are not an organization to belong to.
Terry

Quad 300 x2
fletch

Post by fletch »

Moxie your post just gave me a very sick feeling in my stomach, I hope that membership card gets lost on it's way. I guess I should have asked here first before signin up. STUPID STUPID.
Fergie10

Post by Fergie10 »

lol i sent mine in a few days ago

i just wanted the magzine for 2 bucks a month but from what you guys are saying i think i will have to terminate my membership when it comesback
saxman

Post by saxman »

I tried to terminate and was not allowed and any gear I got was junk.
I stopped payment on my check and it was worth every penny.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

ditto on all of the above. The only ones that get "free" gear to evaluate are life members. you don't have to pay for or send back anything they send you and even then it's no bargain, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I believe Chris4570 had a problem with these guys billing him for all kinds of stuff he did not order. I got the membership invite last week too. Kept the deer window decal and tossed the rest :wink: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

I will say the NAHC magazine was very good; but, it was the headaches that began with the membership card that are the problem. They bill you for every other thing they send you and if you do not pay, they send it to a collection agency. That is not a friendly organization or one which goes according to the law. I don't believe I was ever able to vote for any officers in the NAHC either. The NAHC is a club to stay away from or get burnt, in my book!
Terry

Quad 300 x2
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

North American Hunting Club = PHHHFFFTTTT!!!
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
DaGriz

NAHC

Post by DaGriz »

Once you are a member, you can email the membership services, give them your member number. They can put you on a list to not receive any mailings or products unless you request them! I've been a member for 15yrs and do not receive anything unless I ask for it first.
Make sure you go to their website and enter the give away drawings. sign up to be a product tester. I have gotten some pretty nice items to field test. Every month the give away some real nice stuff!
Their forum is prety lame, full of "know it all" arseholes in most thread topics.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
DH

Post by DH »

Thanks for the replies, with your help I've filed it in the wood stove. It looks like it will be more of a hassle than be any good, although I do believe in supporting groups that help are cause. Maybe if they clean up their act I'll join.
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

I was going to join until my dad's hand met my head and knocked some sense into me.
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

ecoaster wrote:I believe Chris4570 had a problem with these guys billing him for all kinds of stuff he did not order. I got the membership invite last week too. Kept the deer window decal and tossed the rest :wink: .
Or they lost my payment :roll: . Well I didn't pay twice and never renewed my membership. I still have the "Whitetail Wisdom" book. Anything else related to them was tossed. Save your pennies, or donate to DU.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"