Just got in a wrestling match with a deer.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Fork Horn

Post by Fork Horn »

Wrestling deer, Spotting a cougar, Getting attacked by a coyote, You always have great story's!!!
“A hungry dog hunts best”
Lee Trevino

Every time you kill a coyote an angel gets a set of wings. OK, I made that up. But it should be the case.
Mike P
wabi

Post by wabi »

If it was able to show defense & eat it has a chance of survival.
You need to get your son some type of an award to commemorate his survival of a deer attack! :wink: :lol:
wabi
Buckn'rut

Post by Buckn'rut »

Good job !!!!!
Hope he makes a full recovery.....
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Fork Horn wrote:Wrestling deer, Spotting a cougar, Getting attacked by a coyote, You always have great story's!!!
The first deer I tried to manipulate with my hands was in Long Point, my company was called by a wildlife rescue company to get a "small" deer off the side of the road. After a 40 minute drive down there I was met by this woman and we stood and watched this not so small deer standing on the road. My job was easy, get it off the road.
There was no doubt this animal had absolutly no fear of people, I walked up to it with my rope and got so close I decided to use my hands instead. I layed down my rope and decided to put my arms around it's neck, take it to the ground, tie it up and move it away. Didn't work like that. I put my arms around it's neck and it started to run, I don't think the fact that I was clinging to it slowed it down one bit. Didn't hang on for long, maybe 40 yards. The deer kept running, job complete. :D
A tad embarassing, traffic was backed up a long ways in each direction.

I am sad to say my little fawn didn't make it through the night. I know it indured some stress from it's capture, but I still think I did the right thing, it spent far too long starving and running into a fence it could not see. The little guy had a bare spot on his belly, no blood, just a tender looking bare spot as though it had been struck by a vehicle or got hung up on top of the fence. A day or two earlier and it may have ended differently. :(
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
oldbhtrnewequip

Post by oldbhtrnewequip »

Pydpiper wrote:[
...I am sad to say my little fawn didn't make it through the night. .... :(
You did a good thing :D .
I'm sure given the opportunity to do it again under the same set of circumstances you'd do exactly the same thing over again.

Better luck next time, and from the sounds of things, there will be a next time.

Good on ya!!

Pete