HARD WEEK

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wildwindom

HARD WEEK

Post by wildwindom »

Well its been 1 week since i stoped smoking. When i think of having one i think of my two little ones . But really has not been bad after smoking for 23 years. Cant wait till this hunting season. And had i real bad infection in my jaws had to get all my teeth pulled ( 23 ) OUCH sucks not eating like im normal too but ive went from 225 lbs down to 210 in a week . Been real hard on my mind this week in all aspects , wife , kids , work , not smoking , been real hard trying to stay sain in other words didnt want to post about all my problems but i feel a little better now. Just been bored cant shhot cause i cant put strees on my jaws so dont know what to do???
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Big John

hard

Post by Big John »

Hang in there bud. :)
In a little while you will feel like a new man! :wink:
Glad you're feeling better!

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
huntfishfam

Post by huntfishfam »

Good for you for taking a step in the right direction.The first few weeks are the hardest, Hang in there. I quit smoking 11 yrs ago Feb. 16. Cold turkey,after 18 yrs of smoking.
I hunt,I fish,I am
Get clean, lean and healthy with isagenix. I can show you how.
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

Hang in there man, the beginning is the toughest time. After that you wont want to fall off the wagon, only to go through the beginning again.
Good for you!
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
Esox

Post by Esox »

Life is going to be soooo much better. You'll actually be able to taste food and drink again... It is all worth it...Plus you'll be able to be around for those little ones... Nothing..., NOTHING is more important than that!!!....

Keep up the good work. It's worth it!!!
saxman

Post by saxman »

Good on you my friend.the good stuff ia usualy hard.
I wish you luck :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
diesel

Post by diesel »

That's great news. Go man go. :D
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

well I hope you didnt quit drinking too!
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

bait pile willie wrote:well I hope you didnt quit drinking too!
One good thing about that bpw dont drink never liked it. Man thank you guys alot you can really bring a persons spirits up!!
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
the elf

Post by the elf »

Don`t give up-------I quit on April 04-----1980-- after 25 years plus---I was a 2 pack a day man------plain end----plus pipe or cigar when I was fishing--[to keep hands free].----At the time my Doc. said that If I didn`t STOP I would die a lot sooner than I thought. That was a bad weekend-----we found out my Son had multiple allergies including smoke----tobacco and otherwise----and among other things dogs------So dog went tobacco went -----I am still alive-----have 2 Granddaughters who I might not be here to enjoy if I didn`t quit.-----It Is hard but the rewards are-----WORTH IT BIG TIME. Lon.
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

as few fellow smoker, i understand the difficulty of your quest. Would be nice to breath properly one day! Hang in there buddy, keep thinking of your kids. Your kids and yourself will be proud once you have reached one of the hardest goals, one could face. KEEP UP THE HARD WORK!
oldbhtrnewequip

Post by oldbhtrnewequip »

Keep going...you're gonna love being a non-smoker.

Lots of advantages.
Here's one:

thick brush you'll be able to smell 'em before you see 'em
instead of vice versa.

Come sept you're gonna see a lot more deer.
bbbwb

Hard Week

Post by bbbwb »

Wildwindom: Way to go keep it up.You can always start your hunting memoirs!!!!! That will occupy your mind and bring the smiles and chuckles as you reminisce!! hahahah. You will likely be saying that that is easy for me to say.
However, that is a wonderful achievement for yourself and I wish you the best in the future.
bbbwb
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I quit in the intensive care unit of the hospital. Easiest thing I have ever done. I was a smoker when I fell out of that tree. When I came out of the hospital I didn't smoke any more.

Its amazing how morphine works as a nicotine substitute. I never missed those ciggs a bit!

Funny thing about that accident. I screwed up my leg and I saved my lungs. In the long run, it might just end up being a good bargain.

Maybe you giving up those teeth and curing that jaw might end up a good bargain as well.

When I am asked by anyone about what it takes to harvest mature whitetail bucks, I always say the number one thing that you can do to improve your chances is to stop smoking if you are a smoker. I don't care if you gargle with code blue, a major buck is going to bust you. A smoker flat out stinks. We who do not smoke can smell smokers when we run into them in stores, at work, etc..... Imagine what a mature whitetail smells.

You are not going to believe how good you feel when you walk through the woods as a non-smoker. Its going to be a whole new experience for you.

And best of all, your going to live to watch those kids grow. :D
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Good going, Wildwindom! :D

You can do it.

I quit smoking in 1989, after twelve years of burning unfiltered cigarettes ... Camels, PallMalls and Lucky Strikes ... and I don't miss them a bit. It's been nineteen years, and I'm glad it has!

Like others have said, you'll wonder why you waited so long. You'll wonder why you ever did it at all!

You keep up the good work. Pray for help!

We're on your side! :D :D :D :D
Grizz