Sorry, I'm Not Going to.....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

awshucks

Sorry, I'm Not Going to.....

Post by awshucks »

buy your Emax after all, I FOUND A BETTER DEAL. You know who you are. You are the guy that said "I'll Take it" You are the guy who said "Send me your friends address so I can have a m.o. there when he gets the bow to Toronto."

You are the guy who said "I've found a bettetr deal" You are the young man who has been lurking w/o joining here yet.

Let me give you a little advice. This forum is full of good people who keep their word and are very understanding. If you had a deal w/ anyone of them and a catastrophe came into your life, they would understand as would I, and not hold you to your word. You're always gonna find "better" deals, thats's life. You may some day order a dozen custom arrows from a member and then find something similar down at "Rinky Dinks" outlet store for 50% of the price [and 10% of the quality].
Don't be tempted to pull the same trick w/ them. Good, Bad, or Indifferent, if you make a deal, stand by your word, it's what a man does.

If and when you register, I'll know who you are, you already asked me a thousand questions about xbows. I won't tell anyone. See, I think everyone should get a second chance, this was your one free ride. And no, I would not sell you the bow now at any price not intending this to be a guilt trip, just a word to the wise, hopefully. Good luck to you.
"Eze 18:21"
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Hang em' up Dan! Tell us who he is.. :evil:
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Normous

Post by Normous »

*Big Smack*
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I reckon he will read yer post awshucks. I doubt if there was a better deal than the one you put on here. Your a better man than i am. So i will say this and i don't know the persons name but he lives in Mont. Quebec. He weren't going to buy it no how because he ain't no count from the get go!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Sorry to hear you got a run around, 99.9% of what I know about crossbows (and guns..) I learned from you, your patience and countless private messages.
Your heart is in the right place, as always.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
HW

Post by HW »

Sorry to hear about this guy giving you the run around. Just be thankful it's still in good hands. I'm sure someone will pick it up on the trading post soon. I like most others on here have had 100% success dealing with other members of the forum and it needs to stay that way so that we can all buy and sell with confidence.

This person has no place in our family forum. I am not suggesting you tell us who he is but maybe a line to Peter from excal to keep that person from becoming a member.

Without being able to count on someones word will definitly have implications for others who do use this forum to buy and sell.

A DEAL IS A DEAL.
Exocet 175
Boo String (Red&Black)
GT II's
2" Blazers
Slick Tricks
Dan Miller Mount
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Let us know who he is :!: We do NOT need people like that on this site!! :x [One bad apple can spoil the whole barrel]
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Guys, he's not a member. "We" don't do that to each other. "He" needs to know that. He didn't cost me any money. He did cut my market in half, but oh, well, would rather see a forum member get it anyhow. Someone that knows what an Emax is, and wants one. I said "he" got one free ride, hopefully a wake up call, and I'm keeping my word to him. It's the way I am. I think this will do, don't y'all?
saxman

Post by saxman »

Sorry you had trouble my friend.You seem to be a man of your word and it was great of you to host that hunt for fellow members.
I felt so bad when there was a misunderstanding and I couldn't buy greywolfs bow so I watch what I say,even the best of intentions can go wrong.
As you all know I play music for a living and when I am called for a job I make a deal with the buyer and set a price,if I find out that the other players are making more than me,TOO BAD SO SAD,I made a deal and I stick to my price.
To whoever you are,you have been givin a second chance to participate in a forum with the finest ladies and gentelmen there are,don't take it lightly.If you are straight with them they will be there for you.
I killed my first deer with their help,I went through a life changing transplant with the support of these people and am proud to call each one friend.
Do the right thing,man up,admit your mistake and let the chips fall where they may.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Boo

Post by Boo »

Scott, that is different. The guy backed out because he thinks he got a better deal. I guess they have them cheaper in PQ. To think that I do well over a million dollars a year on a hand shake and a word. If the man were a man he's appologize, ask for forgiveness and send the money. But I think we know the ending of this story. Guilles (I will not use the last name and embarrass anyone) you have done something very bad to a man that goes out of his way to help others, donates to help others in need, an honest man, a hard working man......in short a man who gets my highest regard and respect. He is one that least deserve this sort of thing!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

If you ever find yourself in a bad spot and your word is all the asset you have . . . .well, it better be good.

Looks like we may soon find out who it is by default.

Sorry to hear about this Dan.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

"Looks like we may soon find out who it is by default."

I was brought up by a poor dirt farmer father. I watched him run up seed and feed bills, sell his crops and cattle and pay them. He taught me to keep my word, help my neighbors, never kick a dog, keep my hands in my pockets when he took me to auctions, lol, can still remember him telling me if ya gotta pick your nose, son, turn your back to the auctioneer, "I, can't afford to pay for your mistakes".

I didn't post this thread looking for sympathy or to warn you guys about a bad apple in the barrel, as I'm not sure "he" will be a bad apple and he's not in the barrel yet as a forum member. If he were, that would be a different matter, I'd warn my friends. No, it was a intended as a wake up call to what I suspect is a young guy just starting out. It's what my dad would have done. "he" has already read this thread. I've gotten more apologetic email from him. I think he's figured out if he intends to run w/ the big dogs, lol, he can't act like a pup. Thanks to all for the kind words, btw.
taureau noir

Post by taureau noir »

I'm 30 miles from Montreal,Quebec,and we mature man still have one word and we keep it even if we loose on the deal.
Prices in Quebec are higher than in the states.
Like all of you said ,that is not the kind of members we want on the forum.
Sorry if i'm not writting often ,I have a french Hunting and fishing forum and I'm there 12 to 14 hrs a day .
But i'm reading your posts often.
God Bless
Taureau noir
---------Chasseurs et Pêcheurs du Québec----
http://chasseursetpecheurs.actifforum.com
[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/momo7132/LOGO/chasseur_pecheur2.jpg[/img]
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Same sort of thing has been happening to me. I give info and deminsions on my mount to help people see if it will fit their xbow then they let me know they will just build it on their own :? Its one thing to do it but don't tell my your going to do it!
Why ride when you can walk!
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Dan You are a true 100% gentleman. It's not many would would give that kind of person a second chance I was brought up to believe a mans word is as good as money in the bank. Unfortunately in this day and age that doesn't work much anymore.

I saw a sign in a store a while back and it sure as heck rings true:

"I trust in God, all others pay cash!"

I'm hoping this person has learned a valuable lesson from this. If not, somebody should open a big can of "WhoopAss" on him! :?
Last edited by DaGriz on Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!