O/T Might need ride

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Fergie10

O/T Might need ride

Post by Fergie10 »

this may sound a little strange but i was wondering if any one in kitchener works in cambridge might be willing to give me a drive in the summer when my schools done. Im pretty sure i have a job lined up at the Process Group on conastoga blvd might be a stretch but i thought i would give it a try
TYE

Post by TYE »

Move there?

Sorry don't take that as me being rude.. :oops:

This is a good place to ask though. :)
Fergie10

Post by Fergie10 »

its just for the summer becasue then im going to college but this place is where i eventually want to get my apprenticeship i did work there last summer and did a co op placement but my parents were complaining about driving back and fourth becasue they both work in waterloo
TYE

Post by TYE »

Fergie10 wrote:its just for the summer becasue then im going to college but this place is where i eventually want to get my apprenticeship i did work there last summer and did a co op placement but my parents were complaining about driving back and fourth becasue they both work in waterloo
Oh, I see. Right on. I think you need to get your drivers license... like me. lol
Fergie10

Post by Fergie10 »

TYE wrote:
Fergie10 wrote:its just for the summer becasue then im going to college but this place is where i eventually want to get my apprenticeship i did work there last summer and did a co op placement but my parents were complaining about driving back and fourth becasue they both work in waterloo
Oh, I see. Right on. I think you need to get your drivers license... like me. lol
got it just can afford a car issurance is killer as you probably know
TYE

Post by TYE »

Don't have my license yet. :oops:
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

TYE wrote:Don't have my license yet. :oops:
Lazy Drunk. Too many JR's eh?

Or maybe have you been spending all your time shooting Rocket Stricknines.
[img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/948/sig2ty6.jpg[/img]
TYE

Post by TYE »

To hell with Stricknines.
A.W

Post by A.W »

TYE wrote:Don't have my license yet. :oops:
We feel safer.:wink:

It will come eventually TYE.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Tye get your Divers license, then apply at Suncor in Fort McMoney Alberta, driving heavy haulers in the Tar Sands.

Anyone working there gets a Three Year, $56,000.00 signing bonus, paid over 3 years, not to mention a your Camp pay, Fort MacMurray pay, and tons of overtime. This should put you close to $ 90,000.00 a year.

Think hard about it, this would get you ahead in life. I know this because I have friends working up there, in fact they have my resume for Power Engineering in there. Fly out of Saskatoon, week in, week out.

Grey Owl
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

Grey Owl where would i find more information aobut this?
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

The best place I would think Fergie would be right on the Suncor Web site. I just handed my resume to a buddy to give right to the front office. Just goggle Suncor Tar Sands and from what I hear you can apply and send in your resume on-line.

Now the only way I would go up to Fort McMurray and work, is if I could stay right in camp. There all your accomodations are included. Finding a place to live in the Fort may be hard and expensive. I do know when Suncor was doing a job fair here in Saskatoon, they said they would put up the new employees in a hotel for a month, till you could find accomodations. They do pay you well enough to pay for the room and board. Another friend of mine who has his 2nd Class Steam Eng. ticket was payed $1800.00/mon. cash, for his room and board. He found a roommate and still managed to bank a few hundred.

If your serious about working in Fort McMoney, P.M. me and I'll personally phone the guy that drives the big trucks to find out more.

Suncor is only one of many companies up there to work for. If you want to try for the trades, just pick one, and start working.

In all fairness, it really doesn't matter where you go in both Alberta or Saskatchewan, there's a boom going on here right now and there's work all over. Just sold a snowmobile to a guy who was embarrassed to tell me how much he makes in the Oil Industry.

Grey Owl
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Grey Owl is right. If you can do it go to Alberta!! If I wasn't tied down with a wife-to-be I'd be out there. She won't let me go. :roll:

One of the guys I worked with has family out in Alberta, he went there to visit and was offered three different jobs. He wasn't even looking!! And they didn't ask about his past work experience.

Apparently employers have a real hard time keeping employees simply because there are so many jobs it is easy to upgrade your income.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"