Snowshoe bindings?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Snowshoe bindings?

Post by Pydpiper »

The bindings on my snowshoes are destroyed, just seeing if anyone has any recommendations on what to get next for a high mileage pair of shoes that will endure rough use.

Thanks!
David
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
War Paint

Post by War Paint »

Move to Georgia they will never wear out

Sorry had to
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

The best snowshoe bindings I've ever used are Makwa bindings They are made in Canada. Here's a link to a place that sells them. The stay flexable no matter how cold, very easy to put onor take off and hold your foot very good.

http://www.adirondackoutdoor.com/bindings.htm
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

DaGriz, excellent link and exactly what I was looking for!

War Paint, thanks, I used to live in Georgia, one of my favorite states, but I still prefer the occasional snowstorm. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

i made a pair of these for my snowshoes they work really good i just modified them a little i cut the back loop open and put a hook and eye that hooks at the side of my boot, so they are even easier to get off and on. if you want i can take a pic of mine and send it to you just let me know. have fun , Dave.http://www.minibulldesign.com/myadventu ... itemid=505
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Great instructions Dave!
WMU 91
Boo string
wabi

Post by wabi »

The best snowshoe bindings I've ever used are Makwa bindings
Odd name for snowshoe bindings, but it also happens to be my son's middle name!
(American Indian word for bear, which was used in several dialects including Shawnee)
wabi
butch

Post by butch »

Im a big fan of the Canadian Military snowshoe bindings. I added a little strap and have never had a problem with them for the past 14 years (assuming that you are using the military type snowshoe. They are quick on quick off and will not freeze when left out overnight. Check your local surplus store. Give me a shout and I will e-mail you my set up. Im on them every day walking the dogs.
Exocet w/ FFF string/ Aimpoint
18" Gold Tip Laser II's
and 125 grain Montec G5's
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I would like to see that Butch, doesn't look like I am going to get this done before spring anyways. There is a decent surplus store in London, I will take the drive if they are compatible with my shoes.
WMU 91
Boo string
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

Pydpiper,

I have used the old military style bindings for more than 30 years & still have them on my old 14x64 ojibway shoes.

They are great bindings & I would definitely recommend them, but I have not found another set of them in probably 20 years around this part of the country :shock:

Might have to reach out to some of the other members in other parts to be able to find some.

I will try & get some pics for you to see what they look like.

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

If you can find a set of the steel cage type bindings they are great ... The Taxidermy guy from Breslau use to sell them ( that's where I got mine ) , but he doesn't sell them any more ( I believe he sold the tooling ? )

They are very durable ... and stay on in extreme conditions .

Most of the guys in our group use them ..

I will inquire around and see if I can source them ..

You can see what they look like in one of the pictures from this thread ..

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... 23&start=0
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Thanks R.J. I know you spend a good deal of time on snowshoes, I will look in to the ones you are describing.
WMU 91
Boo string