Sportsman Show?????????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Fork Horn

Sportsman Show?????????

Post by Fork Horn »

So who's been and what's your opinion's???
I may or may not go on Saturday.

Sorry to our out of Ontario crew.
:(
“A hungry dog hunts best”
Lee Trevino

Every time you kill a coyote an angel gets a set of wings. OK, I made that up. But it should be the case.
Mike P
TPM

Post by TPM »

Just in our way out the door now! Will let you know this evening when we get back. :D
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

Ill be leaving at about 4:00pm, i'll let you know as well.
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
Boo

Post by Boo »

I went today. Not that many sporting goods retailers.
Met Bill and went to one of the concessions and had a beer and talked. It was a good day to have conversation with a man who's name is synonymous with Excalibur!
Last edited by Boo on Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ehntr

Re: Sportsman Show?????????

Post by ehntr »

Fork Horn wrote:So who's been and what's your opinion's???
I may or may not go on Saturday.

Sorry to our out of Ontario crew.
:(
Hey..............you don't have to feel sorry for us Nontarions.....I'm going to the Edmonton Sportsmans Show tomorrow.
sunset

Post by sunset »

I was down yesterday and noticed the number of exhibitors was reduced from other years. The hunting section by itself was more upscale and definitely much improved.
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

I just got back, got a Ameristep Doghouse for $89.99 no tax and atv gun boot.
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Scott Archery Release

kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

I went yesterday and spent 6 hours there. I think if you go to a show like this and have nothing else to do you will come away disappointed. However, I had 4 things I wanted to find and accomplished all 4. The workshop on moose calling was great, Cam did a good job Whitetail hunting tips, Bill needs video with his presentation so everyone can see what he is talking about rather than demonstrating on stage, Canada in the Rough presentation was terrible.

It is great to spend time with other hunters. You get to meet some great folks and see first hand different company's gear that can be compared in a hands on manner.

Can't say the mechanical Excal is anything more that a 125 Spitfire. Disappointing that it is not a cut on contact mechanical. That being said the accomplished everything I intended and really enjoyed goofing off for the day.
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
TPM

Post by TPM »

I thought the show, though slightly re-arranged, wasn't a whole lot different than other years. We were there from about 1:00-5:30. Caught the tail end of Bill T's presentation. We enjoyed the show but unlike Kendo I didn't find anything I was looking for. It seems all the retailers had all the same stuff, guns, bows, scopes, turkey calls and blinds. I was hoping to find choke tubes and shotgun sights but those kinds of accesories were non-existant. All in all we had a good time. Sounds like there were a few forum members there. We should should arrange a time and meeting place next year!
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Fork Horn

Post by Fork Horn »

Well I went...last minute but I made it.
I had not been to the show in several years and found it o good way to spend a day with my brother walking around getting exercise but as far as new product or Good deals it was not good at all. I went with a few things in mind to buy and only found two. I picked up a GobbleStalker call that made the trip worth while. I got a Cocabola Crystal call that sounds fantastic!Thanks Kevin!!!
I didn't find anything else worth buying!!!

I almost bought a summit viper for $300 but didn't want to take it back on the GO train, and I figure I can talk one of the local stores to sell it to me at that price anyway.

The "hunting section" left a lot to be desired!!
To sum it up I brought $1000 and left with $900
I will probably fall for it again in 4-5 years. :?
“A hungry dog hunts best”
Lee Trevino

Every time you kill a coyote an angel gets a set of wings. OK, I made that up. But it should be the case.
Mike P
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:? I came away disappointed from the show felling like I wasted 16 dollars .I went down there for a specific turkey call and with turkey season just around the corner there really was very little for turkey except for quaker boy being there .I think it will be another 5-10 years before I fall for that show again .Ended up shooting up to Basspro for some turkey stuff . :)
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

I couldn't find the Primos Box Cuter anywhere, did anyone else see one?
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Scott Archery Release

Fishn-Hunter

Post by Fishn-Hunter »

I had to work all weekend and realy wanted to go but by the sounds of things I did not miss out on much, which makes me feel better lol.
Family, Friends, Huntn & Fishn
ehntr

Edmonton Sportsman Show

Post by ehntr »

I attended the Edmonton show this weekend. Pretty much do it every year. More archery stuff this year but no crossbow stuff at all........pretty much because you can't use them in the archery season in AB. Not a big demand for them. Lots of good deals on bows/arrows and accessories. Only thing I walked away with was a Limb Driver arrow rest. I've got way too much stuff.....it happens that I have stuff that I don't even know I have lol. Good show, but you know, there isn't a lot of water in Central/South AB. What I'm getting at is boats......not little puddle boats...the big boys and lots of them. Thats one part of the show that doesn't interest me at all. I used to live in ON and I know about water................there isn't any here to speak of.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Your show in Edmonchuk sounds much like ours here in Saskatoon, lots of huge boats which I care less about. My son and I went there for some fishing lures and that's about it. I go and support buying tickets on certain fund raiser's, bannock coated with sugar, Quad dreaming, and seing people I haven't seen in years.

Grey Owl