Trophy Rock

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

fuel80guy

Trophy Rock

Post by fuel80guy »

Has anybody ever used this product?
I would like to hear some opnions on this product.
Im planning on usiing it this spring.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I put one out last year and I did see 1 squirrel at it.
I've heard some good reports on it, and where I put it was an old salt lick location, but the deer sure didn't use it much. I wouldn't say it doesn't work just because of 1 failure, but I wouldn't expect miracles either. :roll:
wabi
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

We tried several and had similar results as wabi. They just didn't draw deer as well as a mineral block or a salt block.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Hard to beat salt!

Kinda partial to it myself! :D
Grizz
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

All the Gimmicks :?: They allways hit [Good old reliable SALT :wink: ]
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
farmer54

Post by farmer54 »

We tried it for the first time last year. Put it out in August. When we checked a month later deer were already at it. The girlfiend went to check one of them and saw a deer standing at it. On the second day of the deer season I was on my watch and 2 deer were heading for the rock. The next day we were at another blind an 1 deer was at the rock with 2 other deer close by. We were chcking in late november and early December and seen trails going up to the rock. We tried salt blocks and shelled corn and did not have as good of luck .Unable to get to the rocks to see how they are holding out because of all this snow. It will be intersting if there is anything left when we get a chance to get in and check them.
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

I've had good luck using them The key to deer using it is iof they DO NOT have a natural mineral spot anywhere near by. It seems that if they have a mineral and/or salt lick they have been using for a long time they don't go to the rock.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!