O/T/ Drive on or Wait

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

saxman

O/T/ Drive on or Wait

Post by saxman »

I think I would wait in reverse,how bout you?

BIG SNAKE!!!!BIG SNAKE!!!! I HATE SNAKES JAKE!!!!!!!!!!

I think the jeep could take him but I wont be driving when / if it does.
Last edited by saxman on Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

i agree with you Sax. :shock: :shock:
wabi

Post by wabi »

Jump out and pick it up!!!!!!!!!!!!

wabi
saxman

Post by saxman »

Is that you Mike?
I'll jump out and shoot it before it eats my kids or my jeep
Scott

Take a kid hunting

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
wabi

Post by wabi »

That's me a few years ago.
A friend of mine had a pet shop and I was holding the snake so he could clean the cage. 13' red-tailed boa, and it had just been fed, so it was in a calm mood. :wink:
wabi
fletch

Post by fletch »

Even a 12" snake scares the crap out of me so if I saw that I'd be looooooooooooong gone and never be back near there again.
saxman

Post by saxman »

My dad kills every snake he can and that is old school down here.
I rarely kill one,only if it comes near my kids or house on a regular basis.

Here is another snake wrangler
Scott

Take a kid hunting

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
wabi

Post by wabi »

Been years since I've seen one here in town, but in the wild I leave them alone if I can. I caught one last year at my friend's pond where I fish, but that was so I could re-locate it. If my friend had seen it there would have been a pattern of buckshot on the water around it. :wink: :lol:
We have few poisonous snakes around here, and what few there are tend to be very reclusive. I've actually seen only a few copperheads in the wild, and heard a rattler only once or twice. The worst snakes are the water snakes. Non-poisonous, but very aggressive. I've had one of them actually try to get in a canoe with me, and I'd judge it wasn't in a good mood by the way it was acting. That one was over 5' long and it got the edge of a canoe paddle right behind the head which calmed it right down (clear down to the bottom of the creek :wink: ).
Another time I was gigging in the riffles on a local creek at night for forage fish and felt something hitting my hip boot about calf high. Turned my light on my boot and found I had stepped on a very large water snake and it was coiled around my leg and striking my boot in an attempt to bite me. I calmly shook it off my boot. (If you call screaming and lowering the water level of the creek by a few inches by kicking the water out on the banks calm! :lol: ) Shows you fear can overpower common sense easily! No way it could of hurt me with the thick rubber boot on my leg, but I wanted it off - QUICKLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
wabi
fletch

Post by fletch »

Wabi I wouldn't be able to tell anyone that story if it happened to me because I would be DEAD by heartattack. I can't even think about it, thats why I live where there is lots of snow have never seen a snow snake and I don't ever want too either. :shock:
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Wabi , I can tell you quite confidently ; if that were me , the water in the creek would NOT be going down :!: :shock: :lol:
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

I HATE NO SHOULDERS !!

To me the only good no shoulders is a dead one with no head!! Been bitten once by a copperhead when I fell on it. Fortunately it didn't give me a full dose of poison . Dr said I was lucky. My arm swelled up for a couple days but that was all. Had a water moccasin bite me in the heel of my boot and couldn't get it's fangs out. I think the boot is still sitting where I came out of it at the speed of sound. Had a few other bad experiences with no shoulders! NOT FUN!!!

I'm okay as long as I see them first and they are going away from me. If they startle me , I will go out of my way to kill them. Don't care if they are poisonous or not! I know, I know some snakes are supposed to be good by eating rodents, etc. Don't care! They can be as good as they want as long as they are not within 100 meters of me!! :wink:
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

Oh common guys. some of the smaller guys make AWESOME pets.

Here is Thanatos; my 22" Ghost Corn Snake. Eventually he should hit the 4-6' range.

Here is an older Ghost Corn Snake. Hopefully little Thanatos will look like him some day.

Here's a full grown Corn Snake, so you can get a relative size.
[img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/948/sig2ty6.jpg[/img]
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

When i see a snake i give him the right a way :wink: I go one way and he goes the other :lol:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I remember a few years back a bunch of us went up on the bruce peninsula to tobermory to dive .I went over away from the truck to relieve myself ,went to step over a log and there was as massasauga buzzing . :shock: I figured 5 mm of neoprene might not be enough .Let me tell you ,you could not have shoved a needle up by butt with a sledgehammer. :wink:
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Met one of those Massasauga rattlers two years ago. We were at a fishing lodge on a small island and one was sunning himself on the dock of the boat house. I did't realize what he was so I reached down and grabbed him by the tail, as he slid under the door. When my hand started to buzz I knew what he was :shock: :shock: :shock: . I told the lodge owner and she wasen't pleased to hear they had one, or who know how many. Like I said, it was a small island and there were people vaccationing there every day. The owner was going to try to catch it and take it across the lake.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!