go figure

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bait pile willie

go figure

Post by bait pile willie »

just bought today mossberg 535 31/2" gun 20" turkey barrel with extra full choke barrel plus 24' rifled slug barrel all total camal new for 400$ I see used crossbows here for more than 400$ WHERE IS THE GREATER VALUE/. dont get me wrong I love my vixen delux annd have taken 6 bears and 15 deer with it.
Big John

value

Post by Big John »

Apples to Oranges. I have more than a few of each, but I do not compare the price of guns to bows, guns to guns, and bows to bows yes. The greater value is in mind of the purchaser, a gun is not much good to a bow hunter so the price of one is irrelevant, the same goes in reverse.
My opinion anyway.

Have a nice day. :)

Those Mossbergs are coming down in price quite a bit lately. They are on sale near me for $375.00 for the same combo, and they will throw in some extra's to, either tax or something.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'd say both are great deals!
The Mossberg is a very functional shotgun. Not a high $$$ fancy showpiece, but designed to be durable and economical.
The Excalibur is a very functional crossbow. Not a high $$$ fancy showpiece, but designed to be durable and economical.

For either choice you could have spent a lot more $$$$, but it would have been hard to find anything more effective at putting down game, or just having fun practicing.
Sounds to me like you know a bargain when you find one! :wink:
wabi
Big John

value

Post by Big John »

Thank's Wabi! I was trying to get that point across, your words sound much better. :wink:
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
frisky

Post by frisky »

If a xbow and rifle (shotgun) were the same price, in MY opinion the xbow would be a greater value. Why? I can hunt with my Phoenix three months + :D , with the rifle nine days. :(
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
saxman

Post by saxman »

BPW,I have always wondered how company's come up with pricing,I understand about material costs and production costs,overhead and the like but what about WOW factor,and what we covet,one or the other.
Good thread,I am looking forward to the answers to this one.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Boo

Post by Boo »

There really is no greater value either way. Like John said the value is in your head. Do what you want to make yourself happy and do not listen to anyone's opinion afterwards. It's all worthless after the fact. If you like it, buy it, smile and enjoy. Second guessing takes all the joy away!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
tuskntine

Post by tuskntine »

If I were looking for a better value , I would buy stock in that liquid gold stuff we burn up by the mile . lol
Love your neighbor, but keep your guns oiled.
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

over the years I have bought 4 crossbows.5 compound bows and 4 recurves so I have spent a fair bit on archery eqipment.and if I could only hunt with one tool archery would be my choicethe only thing I am saying is comparately speaking I think that bows are alittle overpriced,but that is the way it is.which would be cost more to manufacture.a crossbow or a gun? HATS OFF TO EXCALIBUR.The only difference in many of their models is an inch or to of aluminum.so comparing a vixen to a exomax thats a pricy 3" of al.but thats how you make money,Iam envious.LOVE my vixen deluxe and soon my mossberg.