OT Speeding tickets

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I've seen guys show up for court and state they do not believe they were speeding. The judge usually let them pay the court costs, but, dropped the ticket. Basically, they were paying the penalty without getting any points against them, or insurance penalties. These guys had clear records and was a easy decision for the judge. The guys would state how many years they had been driving and based their case on driving experience/ticket history.

However, my time is worth a lot . . .depending on the number of tickets and/or points I had against me, I most likely would pay the ticket and try not to speed again.

I really don't think the address typo will do anything but piss the judge/officer off . . . you may end up with ten tickets. I wouldn't go there.

Good luck.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
saxman

Post by saxman »

If I am guilty and know I'm guilty the ticket will be paid,I wont fight to keep from paying a legit tickit.But if hairs are being split then I will fight,my ticket for the handicaped spot was wrong,the spot was open for any handicaped driver to park,the line I was touching did not hinder parking at all,Officer was pushing it and I pushed back,as a matter of fact he parked in that spot to write the ticket.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
catcher

Post by catcher »

I once got caught on the 401 speeding and was issued a ticket. So I got home and mailed in a check for the fine and a week later I got my check back and the ticket was squashed. The reason was the officer made a mistake on the date. It was close to midnight and he put the wrong date down. I know when I issue tickets that if there is one mistake on it it will get squashed. It is easier for them to squash it then risk you arguing for half the day in court about it. Maybe pay the fine and put a note in there about the error and see what happens.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I was guilty. I got caught going 70km/h in a 50km/h. I started in a 60Km/h zone and didn't notice the change. According to the officer I wasn't alone that morning. Oh well just looking for your thoughts. Thanks.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
A.W

Post by A.W »

There's a section in the Provincial Offences act that states that the Justice (not to be mixed up with justice) can, at any time during the preceedings, make ammendmants to the Certificate of Offence.

There are certain things he can't ammend but this one wont help you out.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.