OT Speeding tickets

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chris4570

OT Speeding tickets

Post by chris4570 »

Got one the other day. It has one small mistake on the ticket. Instead of 1234 Main St it says 123 Main St as my address. Is this enough of an error not to pay??
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
saxman

Post by saxman »

In some cases it could be.
I got a ticket once because my tire was touching the outside of a handicaped space,I was not in the space,I was in the one next to it,it was touching because of the car parked next to me was over to far.I went to court and the policeman was there and I asked him to prove it,the judge looked at him and said,Well?,he had no proof,case dismissed.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
TPM

Post by TPM »

Not it's not. As long as the ticket has the correct date, offence number and is signed by the cop it's valid.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

My own philosophy is that if I get caught and I'm guilty, then I'll pay up.

So, were you speeding? :D :wink:
Grizz
huntin1

Re: OT Speeding tickets

Post by huntin1 »

chris4570 wrote:Got one the other day. It has one small mistake on the ticket. Instead of 1234 Main St it says 123 Main St as my address. Is this enough of an error not to pay??

Here in North Dakota, no. Where you are at, don't know, you would have to go to court. I would think that it would not be enough of an error, generally the error has to affect the evidence of the offense, in your case it doesn't. I would not just not pay it, you'll likely loose your license over it.

huntin1
"Never corner something meaner than you"
Stash

Post by Stash »

Agree with TPM - pay it or notify the court that you will contest it, but DON'T ignore it.

If you contest it on the basis of a wrong address typo, in Ontario at least, you will lose, though. But there's always the chance the cop won't show up. Are you a gamlbler??? :wink:
huntman

Post by huntman »

Yes it is i have a friend that owns one of those "points" places and he would get you off that without a doubt ive seen it first hand! lol
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

If you are guilty your guilty if your not your not. [set a good example for our young forum members and pay the ticket]
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

If you go to court all the cop has to say is "Yes that is the driver I ticketed.". A typo is not enough to get off. His word against yours, who will the judge beleive?????
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I would fight it, why not. I have had enough BS tickets I don't mind fighting the ones I deserve.
Did the officer drop the ticket at all, I mean, did he reduce the speed for you as they often do? I ask because if he did and you lose the fight you end up paying the original speed.
Good luck.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Grizzly Adam Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:56 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My own philosophy is that if I get caught and I'm guilty, then I'll pay up.

I agree with Grizz on this one! Now if you were really innocent I would fight it but not otherwise. I recieved a ticket one time trout fishing because the regulations were completely wrong with boundaries listed. I had the maps with me and the regulations and while I was trying to explain all of this to the warden he kept on writing the ticket without even looking at what I was trying to show him in writing. It would have been easiest for me to just pay the fine but I took a day off work and went to court on that one more for the principle of it than the fee. The couple of speeding tickets I've recieved I've been courtious to the officer while recieving the ticket (but not happy) because I knew I was guilty of the offence. My 2 cents.
Why ride when you can walk!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I'm sure not trying to come off as virtuous ... and I intend no slight to Chris, as I'm sure is the case with all of us who say that if you're guilty, then it's time to "pay the piper" ... not you, Pydpiper! :D

I really do believe in "taking your lumps," though. Punishment is no insult if you're guilty, and we all share in responsibility when it comes to upholding the law. I was taught that if you did it, then you were to take the consequences and go on with head held high.

Now when you're innocent, I say by no means should you suffer punishment without objection ... it is as much your duty to protest in that case as it is to own the consequence when you're guilty.

It's all about justice, in the end. If I am going to demand justice when someone else does something wrong (whatever it may be), then I have to be willing to endure justice when I have been wrong.

That's the way I see it. :D
Grizz
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Im with grizz, ive always been raised if I do the crime, then i iwll do the time and not complain. Now of coarse if I were innocent then I would fight.

as for that small address mistake, 99% of judges will laugh at that. They will say you have been found guilty, see the clerk and pay the ticket.

If you have a clean record the judge will send you to driving school usually. Then you dont get charged and just have to show the judge a peice of paper:)

We all make mistakes speeding, we have had at onetime. I got a 67 in a 55 once and had to take driving school. Needless to say I dont drive more than 10 over anymore :lol: Unless you count the night I was on the way to the hospital with my wife about to have my son.. I drove a average of 90 that night LMAO since she had my leg pinned to the floor and was screaming like a mad woman :lol:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I wouldn't fight a justified ticket but I've used a "Points" type service to fight an unfair ticket successfully. Cost me several hundred $ to fight it, but saved me a fortune in insurance. It was an accident-related ticket in which I felt the cop was wrong, apparently the judge throught so too.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

we are all innocent until proven guilty ...you could go to court and bargin with the crown attorney to a lesser charge.....or hope the officer doesn't show up...or pay the fine ...